TraderEX -ES e-mini-One Tick Warriors Unite-Tradovate

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TraderEX, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Science

Science

Hi Trader Ex, thank you for given me work this weekend.
    highly appreciated !!
    we learn the basics and then we give results good and bad until it works.
    nice weekend.!

#351     Sep 28, 2018
    TraderEX likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

And it does not take an expert with a PhD in math to conclude that 10K hours is a meaningless number to base anything on, just like the whole idea of 95% of all traders blow their accounts.

Let's step back for a minute and do some phD level mathematical calculations on the 10,000 hour thing.

A full-time job, by your calculation, is 2,000 hours per year. That is about 8 hours per day over 365 days. Excluding weekends and holidays, you come up with 250 days per year at 8 hours per day. That is reasonable.

Now, let us calculate how many hours per day it would take to accumulate 10,000 hours of "time on the screens" in a year.

Hmm, the math shows that it would take 40 hours per day over 250 days to get 10,000 hours in a year.

Well, that just isn't possible, since the earth's rotation provides us with only 24 hours in one day on any fixed spot on the planet.

So basically, in order to get 10,000 hours of screen-time, you'd need to spend 8 hours in front of them over 5 years at 250 hours in each year. In a regular job, it would take the exact same amount of time (5 years) to gather 10,000 hours of "real experience".

So if you DID manage to get 10,000 hours of screen time in less than like 5 years, you are supra-human and have broken the theory of time. Fascinating, Cap'n.

#352     Sep 28, 2018
  3. TraderEX

TraderEX

Many have the same idea. From what I hear here, no one can pull it off. Since momentum is the key and volume is a function of momentum, the best contract for me is the ES. I know of no other contract that executes more. I have only experimented with the ES, YM and NQ. Let me know if you find another contract that its. The column I think you are referring to is a tic chart from the Tradovate sight.One of the buttons behind the the + in the upper left hand corner.. It requires plenty of computer resources. i do not use it when I am trading, slows the processor when the volume spikes.
    Some of the guys do not like me here for reasons that I share real information for free. If my account dries up for some reason, I'll get a hold of you and the other newbie DG. I thought his name was DJ and he was doing a BJ(bong job). 70% is great but I need 83%. You need the filters but first practice the general plan. tradovate offers replay so you can practice during off market hours. Use a 2-4 trailing stop loss for a bracket. Use a market order for entry and the bracket sets up. In and out in as least time as possible for me.

#353     Sep 29, 2018
  4. TraderEX

TraderEX

#354     Sep 29, 2018
  5. TraderEX

TraderEX

Works just fine in the ES. Two losers yesterday for. Was 100% until you mentioned stop losses???

#355     Sep 29, 2018
  6. TraderEX

TraderEX

See, completely wrong again. Forecasting for more than a few minutes is beyond me. I'm good in the very short term as we see and I have long term vision as well. Someday in the future, the market will be higher. ORACLE EX

make sure you read my order entry post #348. Science is reporting 70% win rate in the first hours of his awakening. Hope it works for you too.

#356     Sep 29, 2018
  7. as soon as I read the strategy of capturing one lowly tick (using a market order none the less)... its definitely amateur hour here...

my 2 cents..

#357     Sep 29, 2018
    TraderEX, destriero and comagnum like this.
  8. TraderEX

TraderEX

my 3 cents figure out which one you violated bother me again and get what people who do not follow the rules here get...make sense?

By posting information in any chat room, message board, ratings system or other interactive service that may be available to you through this site, you are not to upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content -- including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information -- that:

• contains excessive profanity or vulgar language;
    • is insulting or argumentative without merit, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, torturous, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), uses vulgar language in the creation of a user name or otherwise violates Elite Trader's rules or policies or these Rules of User Conduct;[[

#358     Sep 30, 2018
    Science likes this.
  9. TraderEX

TraderEX

in the house science????

#359     Sep 30, 2018
  10. Science

Science

Yes correct. Other opinion no need to be rude

#360     Sep 30, 2018
    TraderEX likes this.