Trader accused of high-speed trading to make millions in 'illicit profits'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by alsherm, May 15, 2015.

1. loyek590

loyek590

if you believe in the integrity of the stock market you know that's where you must go, unless you just want to trade for the rest of your life.

Trading is fun and it is a good business, but it gets old. And you need to put those profits somewhere for your old age. And that is why so many of us old mom and pops are such strong hands. We are not going any place else, we have already been there.

We are use to dealing with the fed and market makers and now hft and laugh when you become outraged like it is some new thing.

#11     May 15, 2015
  2. i960

i960

This isn't directly about skimmers - it's about asymmetric prosecution and the regulators not doing their job on a scale that matters.

#12     May 15, 2015
  3. alsherm

alsherm

4. The reason for this: The regulators are in bed with the likes of CME Group's Duffy and others.
    This is such B.S. They are going after the "small frys".

#14     May 15, 2015
  5. The feds always overestimate this type of stuff to get headlines.

#15     May 15, 2015
  6. Most investors are indexed. I tend to believe the feds will use these convictions to regulate The futures markets to the point you won't be able to trade them anymore.

#16     May 15, 2015
  7. I trade too slow too. LOL. Once I see a trade setup, I need to use a buy stop or sell stop order and never ever trade off the DOM, just pure chart trades.

#17     May 16, 2015
  8. Visaria

Visaria

I hope they don't go after us LFT* guys.

*Low Frequency Traders

New headline:

"Trader accused of low speed trading to make millions in illicit profits"

#18     May 16, 2015
    lucysparabola and loyek590 like this.
  9. Moko11

Moko11

He should have tried that in Forex

#19     May 17, 2015
  10. zdreg

zdreg

be alert. the market makers are making a comeback off your pocket. http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...000-smallcap-stocks-starting-may-2016.291356/

#20     May 17, 2015
    Visaria and loyek590 like this.