Topsteptrader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by deaddog, Jun 25, 2013.

1. legionx

legionx

When I use to use to 10K combine, I found that the YM alongside finding 10 tick SL was suitable for me and even the 6b was great trading that. As for CL, I focused mainly on 1 trade per day that helped me passed that combine. But goodluck in succeeding this combine.

#2011     Feb 18, 2016
  2. Xela

Xela

Or 15 points, if you can trade NQ/YM instead, with your methods?

Wishing you the best of luck with this, Spectre. :)

#2012     Feb 18, 2016
  3. thanx guys,...

price caught in congestion zone in oval..

headed to resort, but here's my worksheet so far..

#2013     Feb 18, 2016
  4. DAY 2: Headed to resort for couple days. Not enough time to trade, instead of forcing trades, best to battle another day. One trade only.

#2014     Feb 18, 2016
  5. DAY 3: Came back early enough to trade afternoon session. Price didn't have as quick of a traction. Left one trade alone at the end of the day to let it ride, price mean reverted and gave up a good chunk of daily gains. Though still up on the day.

day3.png

Overall for 3 days so far. What am finding is on slow days, build up a 'buffer' on entries, otherwise price wont let you get out of a bad trade. Trading other peoples money requires a greater degree of precision than what you would apply for your own trades. The combines force you to change and be more disciplined.

overallday3.png

My ego still gets in the way from admitting I'm wrong on a trade. So far a good learning experience.

Chris

#2015     Feb 19, 2016
  6. DAY 4: Done for the day.. coil after coil. Brain is fried.

#2016     Feb 23, 2016
  7. fees take a chunk.. might try to just swing trade and capture points instead.

#2017     Feb 23, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  8. Xela

Xela

I'm slightly surprised you'd want to change anything, being almost half-way to your profit target after only 4 days in a Combine? Well done, so far ...

#2018     Feb 24, 2016
  9. I didn't want anyone to think I couldn't slice n dice. And only hit target with a lucky intraday swing. I shorted 1918 during Japanese session and got out at 1917. Pretty much what is applied at the micro price structure level can be applied in larger timeframes.

The sentiment was poor enough that I could have easily left it alone and captured the rest of the combine goal. I'm a reckless trader at heart. The combine forces you to apply objective risk management. If anything that alone is worth it enough to go through the combine. My ego tries to aim for high win loss ratios and high consecutive win ratios. I'm trying to beat my ego down and show myself " hey give up that trade ", it's not worth the profit it could generate. Based on the edge 80-90% win loss ratios, and strict risk management the sky's the limit in terms of scaling up the size.

I'm 44 years old with a family (lil kids), the time trading takes away from spending the time doing other things. I'm financially secure so the pressure is not there to trade. I trade for the pure fun of it. I practice like any athlete in trying to hone my skills. My goal is to keep getting better and pass on what I know to my kids.

Chris

#2019     Feb 24, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  10. Xela

Xela

Interesting, Chris ...

(The Entente Powers did it the other way round, during the Great War, when 1917 came before 1918, and Japan increased its influence over China - it wasn't until the second World War that they gave us such problems ... o_O )

#2020     Feb 24, 2016