Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wabu27, Mar 14, 2016.

1. wabu27

wabu27

Day 17:
    Beginning of day: $42851
    End of day: $41445
    P/L: ($1460); -3.28%

Played with JBLU today. Initial weak bounce was pulled down further with selling pressures from Europe and further continued with weak NASDAQ. Airline stocks took to be a good swing play so I've been watching it everyday. Was thinking today might be the day NASDAQ rebounds and airlines bounce since they seem to be highly correlated to NASDAQ's movements, but nope, NASDAQ said no. I think if I traded full-time and micromanged, I could've made money. Today's movements were not that hard to read. Well, I guess anyone can talk. What matters is the P/L at the EOD.
    Giving myself 2 stars for today's trading. Not bad on entry but doubled down at the wrong time and did not make the exit, thinking NASDAQ will bounce as well. Should've sold at the low volume or adjust size according to the weak volume and weak strength in NASDAQ, but I didn't have the leisure to watch the charts all day. Can't wait till I quit my job so I can trade full-time.

#191     May 4, 2016
  2. Actually I think it may be sooner. Probably Sept/Oct of this year. The last two bubbles popped in the election year. The .Com bubble popped around Oct 2000, and the housing bubble popped earlier in 2008.

#192     May 4, 2016
  3. i'm cheering for this guy to lose all his trading money so he can learn how to actually trade

so far he's throwing darts and hoping for the best, just awful imo

#193     May 4, 2016
    readthetape likes this.
  4. Not as awful as some of your chat room calls a few months back.

#194     May 4, 2016
    d08 likes this.
  5. yeah? i called for oil to go to 40 and ES to bottom in low 1800s

not sure what you're talking about buddy

#195     May 4, 2016
  6. Humpy

Humpy

The Good Lord looks after fools and crazies.

#196     May 5, 2016
  7. wabu27

wabu27

Cute. lol
    Watch and learn junior.

#197     May 5, 2016
  8. ironchef

ironchef

I think he is more skillful than what you folks gave him credit for. So far after about a month he is proving he can hang in there, perhaps better than some of us, me included.

The only other guy I knew that spent his college days trading instead of studying is Jim Cramer and no one is laughing at Cramer now.

#198     May 5, 2016
  9. I laugh at Cramer. He is one funny clown.

#199     May 5, 2016
    cole_ likes this.
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Oil is headed back below $40 once the ES heads back down and starts selling off hard....made a quick daytrade in DRIP today after it sold off more than a $1.00 at the open.

#200     May 5, 2016