Tim Sykes

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by londonkid, May 27, 2014.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

Obviously you didn't watch Million Dollar Traders. Get informed before spreading more of your ignorance. You already been embarrassed on the Sykes "my $5 million mansion" fraud.

#71     Oct 15, 2014
  2. convexx

convexx

I picked up a couple with a 20yo Honda Accord in Incline Village waiting for a tow. I gave them a lift back home as they had left their cell phones at the house. Two-acre lakefront home on Lake Tahoe that was $12MM if it was a dime. Hippie liberal wealth.

#72     Oct 15, 2014
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

2 out of 16. Half the people in the classroom didn't make it into the trading room. Given that they all had to pass a rigorous interview, what does that say about the LVD training techniques?

#73     Oct 15, 2014
  4. convexx

convexx

My brother in-law drives a Honda CRV and a Durango. He's worth >$100MM. I think we can all consider that liquid, and the guy has never sat in a Lambo... and I am certain he couldn't care less.

#74     Oct 15, 2014
    kinggyppo likes this.
  5. JTrades

JTrades

Ah, it was a while ago, forgot that. So 25% becomes 12%.

The candidates, the interview process, the training, variance, the documentary producers pulling strings, editing, ... too many variables to draw conclusions about LVD.

#75     Oct 15, 2014
  6. I know a guy like that, in fact its my ex brother in law-- sold a company to IBM for a billion, and pocketed a nice chunk of change. Asked him if he would stop working and he looked at me like what a stupid question--- he still works in VC but works none the less--- doesn't really seem to enjoy the money-- I ask what good is it, if you don't enjoy it? Seems kinda stupid to live like an average joe with 100 mill in the bank-- you die, then your family gets to fight over the money-- lovely---

#76     Oct 15, 2014
  7. so you are saying someone with wealth is stupid if they don't flaunt their wealth, also you are insulting average joe. You may want to reexamine this, as someone with a journalist background I don't understand your shallowness on this issue.

#77     Oct 15, 2014
  8. jb3398

jb3398

The hell with you stupid, embarrassed by what?!?!
    The only fool in here is you, Tim is a successful trader and your obviously jealous and bold behind a keyboard.

#78     Oct 15, 2014
  9. jb3398

jb3398

To sum the whole thing up, Tim is probably more successful than most people commenting on this post. I don't despise him for it because I don't shit what he eats. I think he is entertaining and he is obviously a motivator. He's created a brand on just his name alone and markets himself extremely well. He has been featured on television, tv, radio and various economic publications. Suretraders wouldn't have half their traders if it wasn't for his referral. On top of all that, he doesn't take shit from anyone. He tells you like it is, your either gonna love him or hate him. The sad part is he doesn't know half of you'll exist, wouldn't know your name if it was mentioned, but on the flip side of the coin, you'll obviously know his.

#79     Oct 15, 2014
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

My obviously jealous what, semi-literate fuckwit?

#80     Oct 15, 2014