Those Wacky Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dbphoenix, Mar 30, 2015.

1. fhl

fhl

[​IMG]

#41     Mar 31, 2015
  2. fhl

fhl

[​IMG]

#42     Mar 31, 2015
  3. #43     Mar 31, 2015
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So educate us on what is different. That link doesn't detail them side by side at all.

The only thing it mentions is the existing law that businesses receiving money from the government are prohibited from restricting access or service to any group of people (which I agree with).

#44     Mar 31, 2015
  5. fhl

fhl

Everyone knew it was only a matter of time before libtards began saying Indiana religious freedom is different from religious freedom in other states and the federal gov't. But not all the libtards received the talking points soon enough.

WAPO’S MARCUS: ‘LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE’ INDIANA’S LAW

“In one sense, I feel a little bit sympathetic to Indiana, and before everybody gets worked up, let me explain why, which is, this law that was passed in Indiana, as I understand it, is the same as a federal law that’s been on the books for decades in response..."
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...ts-of-other-people-already-have-indianas-law/

:D

covertasilly didn't make sure the propaganda was fully disseminated before posting. LOL

#45     Mar 31, 2015
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

"This is the curse of God upon America for our sin of not protecting innocent children in the womb, and part of that curse for our rebellion against God as a nation is that our pregnant women are ripped open."

Colorado state Rep. Gordon Klingenschmitt, on attack in which an unborn baby was cut out of its mother and died

God's will. Waddayagonnado?

#46     Apr 1, 2015
  7. fhl

fhl

Follow it, I guess.
    Lev 20:13

#ilikejudy'slogic

#47     Apr 1, 2015
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Indianapolis's official tourism site really wants you to know LGBT people are welcome

In response to a growing firestorm surrounding a controversial religious freedom law in Indiana that critics say could allow businesses to discriminate against LGBT customers, some Hoosiers want the world to know that LGBT people are still welcome in the state.

The official tourism site for Indianapolis, Visit Indy, recently put up a huge banner inviting LGBT people to the city:

[​IMG]
    (Visit Indy)
    Clicking on Visit Indy's banner leads you to a three-day, LGBT-themed itinerary for a trip to Indianapolis, which the website claims is "a perfect plan for a three-day weekend." Activities include theater events, great restaurants, and a beautiful museum.

This could be part of a concerted effort to stave off the negative, potentially anti-LGBT image Indiana has built after LGBT advocates, celebrities, and businesses like Angie's List, Apple, and Yelp criticized the state once Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act into law last Thursday.

In a move to reduce the backlash, Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard, a Republican, also signed an order on Monday reaffirming the city's commitment to protect LGBT people from discrimination.

Critics of the law, which goes into effect on July 1, say it could give more latitude for employers, landlords, and business owners to deny employment, housing, and service to LGBT people, even where there are local laws that protect against discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. But legal experts generally doubt the law will lead to discrimination, citing decades of precedent in court battles over similar laws.

------------------------------

Come to Indiana! Spend the next five years in court! :D

#49     Apr 1, 2015
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix