There is no "system"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Direlect, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Risk/reward and win/loss probability always come hand to hand.

I make a decent living by trading what i had learned (and profitable) for the past 10 years. I don't really care what you or others said.

Have a good day

#191     Dec 30, 2014
  2. I agree but the amount of outperforming, is less than most traders guess.
    If you can say later that My record outperform 12% above the SPY, then you asset should be 4000 times than your starting seed. For example, starting amount of $10K should become $40000K .

Also that ourperformance of yearly 12% over the 8% growing SPY is almost same as Buffet's record for 45 years.

It is ONLY 1% per months.

#192     Dec 30, 2014
  3. loyek590

loyek590

if it is so hard to outperform the S&P, everybody that owns a business should have just invested their start up capital in the index.

#193     Dec 30, 2014
  4. Roughly, SnP grows annual 8%, for the last 45 years, as Buffet's record shows in
    http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2013ltr.pdf

So if you personal small business shows 8%, then it is almost same as market average.

#194     Dec 30, 2014
  5. loyek590

loyek590

??? you are talking in circles, if your business only grows 8%, you will probably go completely broke in a down year. Gotta do better than 8% to make it worth your while to get dressed and actually work for a living, or like I said, nobody would own a business, they would just invest it in the index. True, probably 95% of all businesses fail, not much different than traders.

#195     Dec 30, 2014
  6. Of course, the 8% is after rent+YourLabour+tax+.... . / Like dividend in stock, 8% growth is ONLY for your net invest (cash seed), I agree.

#196     Dec 30, 2014