There is no "system"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Direlect, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Accepted valuation doesn't give you the next tick.

I've already said too much

#161     Oct 25, 2014
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

The more complicated the system the less likely it will work in all condition, so the simpler you can get it the better the chances of it working long term.

Its not a system like you think anyway, your after some X crosses Y when rsi Bs is on the moon complicated ones, not 1 of those works ever in the first place.

#162     Oct 26, 2014
  3. It doesn't. Supply and demand trumps all. The price is just a tool to wrong foot the herd and send them to the slaughter house.

#163     Oct 26, 2014
  4. I know your system. Buy low sell high. Simples !

#164     Oct 26, 2014
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Sounds easy, should be easy, but tricky to do, thankfully or we'd all be billionaires and money would be worthless.

#165     Oct 26, 2014
  6. Skills trumps all.. There's never one thing that brings you to success.. It's a combination of things..

#166     Oct 26, 2014

7. Some will be billionnaires.

#167     Oct 26, 2014
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

No if easy we would all be doing it wed have to, to afford a Mars Bar

#168     Oct 26, 2014
  9. Money trumps skills any day of the week. This is why not only can the smart money take everybody's money, they can also brain wash everyone to believe their losing was due to randomness, weak psychology, bad luck, poor skills, etc, etc.

To succeed in the markets, one only needs to follow the money, the smart money that is.

#169     Oct 26, 2014
  10. Money AND system are never in one hand.

Corollary: if someone has money, he does not have a winning system, and if he has a winning system he does not have money to trade it.

If I see someone trading with big money in this forum, I think he has a losing system.
    If I see someone trader paper but live, I know he does not have the money to trade it.

In other words, brain and cash are never in control by the same hand.

#170     Oct 26, 2014