The Trouble With Scribbles

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Buy1Sell2, Mar 30, 2015.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

In hindsight:

upload_2015-4-28_6-3-39.png

A "system" without rules that provides trades that can be detected only after the opportunity is already gone.

#801     Apr 28, 2015
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Apparently your "system" does not have any rules at all. And after all these hundreds of posts.

upload_2015-4-28_6-14-9.png
    And how deep in the hole does one have to be before price wakes up and notices what the indicator is telling it what it ought to have been and should be doing? Stops? Right.

So far I've seen nothing different from the usual Guess&Hope "system".

In comparison, and contrast, the SLA, the one with rules:

upload_2015-4-28_6-21-21.png
    One trade. 25pts +/-.

Or, if one includes the ON:

upload_2015-4-28_6-29-57.png

#802     Apr 28, 2015
  3. Ditch

Ditch

Looking forward to it, of your week in Prague, that is.:D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    #803     Apr 28, 2015
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Incidentally, regarding the above misstatement:

upload_2015-4-28_8-42-4.png

#804     Apr 28, 2015
  5. People still go there? I thought that place lost its cache in 2005.....

#805     Apr 28, 2015
  6. Ditch

Ditch

It's become a serious competitor for A'dam, as far as the hooker and blow crowd goes.

#806     Apr 28, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  7. Yah, im not surprised.

#807     Apr 28, 2015

8. This thread is like a promotion for gas street lights long after electric lights already took over.

You can either keep pretending or face reality. This stuff is a dinosaur.

Funny. This is nearly identical to the surfer channel system we talked about since 2003 on this site. It worked back when the market was favorable to it. Now, its a dead horse for the most part. Only works on past charts.

#808     Apr 28, 2015
  9. Ditch

Ditch

What do you expect from a guy who uses an electric utility drill as a food mixer? That he can think straight? Try to picture that, whisking cream with a 20 lbs Makita.:eek: Just f***n hilarious.

"And I don't mean just Breville, but KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Hamilton Beach, and all the rest. Plastic gears. Plastic housings. In blenders. Even in mixers. And if it weren't for Amazon reviews, you'd never know. And for a hundred dollars. A HUNDRED DOLLARS! Amazon reviews have become the Consumer Reports of the new millennium. No wonder they're so popular. And manufacturers would be wise to pay attention.

For those who are tired of being taken advantage of by companies that have zero respect for their customers, consider what I do. Buy a paint mixing attachment for your electric drill. You can get a good metal one for ten bucks. Attach it and go to town. Metal gears, tons of power, near-infinite speeds, and it will never bog down or break. Granted it sounds a little Tool Time, but it works (where do you suppose they got the idea for immersion blenders in the first place), and if you have a drill that's battery-operated, you don't have to futz around with a cord.

With all this Chinese out-sourcing, companies have become incredibly lazy and profit-greedy. When will they go back to making quality products like they did fifty years ago (a KitchenAid mixer I bought in 1970 broke down just last year; a Sunbeam mixer that belonged to my mother in the fifties is still going strong).

End of rant."

#809     Apr 28, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

--Exactly and it is unenlightening at best. The SLA offers nothing extraordinary as it has you waiting for imaginary arbitrary ranges and there is no dynamic trading. Furthermore, little or no focus is placed upon prudent trade/risk management which is the hallmark of successful trading.

#810     Apr 28, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.