The top 3 guys who make over 1 million a year at my firm...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by s0mmi, Nov 22, 2013.

1. 0008

How long have they been trading?

#21     Nov 22, 2013
  2. ofthomas

ofthomas

I presume, that is only when they are wrong for the most part, correct?

#22     Nov 22, 2013
  3. s0mmi

s0mmi

yeah very good. mostly like when something just drifts slowly one way and then keeps goign, and going, and going... and goes its once-every 3-6 month distance which is very far..

if you talk to them, they will be more egotistic about it. "Ohh my stop is getting out by the end of the euro session" or, "ohh my stop is getting out before the U.S. data figure at midnight (australian time)"

hehe.

Its cute to hear that.

Trust me, when it goes far enough, they are holding thru everything they can. And they are big fish so they must.

This is the exact same style I trade. EXACTLY. Its 100% scalable. What I do to make 40-60k month, I can do the same thing make 120k-180k month. Completely scalable. A guy who is just clicky click in/out little 1-2 tick losses and very tight stops on everything, is very limited in this game.

#23     Nov 22, 2013
  4. Lescor.

#24     Nov 22, 2013
  5. ofthomas

ofthomas

I would be curious to know if they are averaging in when it goes against them? I am going through that right now with my Jan/Mar HO spread...my bias is still there for the direction I am trading, but it has gone against me for the past 2 days about 50% of the "stop"... so debating if to average down and take on more risk, or if to let it confirm it is resuming and then add to the position.. so how do they/and you would normally deal with a position going against them with the time stop? would they still trade around it?

#25     Nov 22, 2013
  6. s0mmi

s0mmi

It depends on the idea.

> Everyone has their own execution and averaging style. For me, I like to be super-super-super patient and disciplined, and then only collect with half size. Others, like to just stack the book and keep averaging and keep most of the size on for a few hrs then hit some out if it doesnt work etc.

> It depends on the person. Everyone is unique.

> For you and your stop, personally (this is my style), I would wait for it to start trading back. When it does, I would place a limit order to enter in half size. If I used 100-lot, then I would enter an order to place 50.

If it's gone 30-50% of my dollar stop, I would not be wanting to get paid very much at all, just happy to get out. So I would be scaling half or two-thirds of my size at points that leaves me directly at scratch.

Gotta be real patient, though. Most of the time, you will succeed. This game is all about keeping calm when sh*t hits the fan, as you know. It helps if youre a multi-product trader to scalp/job other things in the mean-time to help fund your position and relieve stress off your head.

#26     Nov 22, 2013
  7. ofthomas

ofthomas

interesting... thanks for sharing... I have some thinking to do ... I focus mostly on grains and energy... and only on calendars... for now at least...

#27     Nov 22, 2013
  8. Shouldn't we be looking at trades as independents? Not worrying about one funding the other?

All three trade the same style? Surely they can't all be clones of each other.

#28     Nov 22, 2013
  9. BSAM

BSAM

What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander, regardless of what your mama told you.

#29     Nov 22, 2013
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Different styles bring different smiles.

#30     Nov 22, 2013