The S&P has topped !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fly down, Jan 4, 2011.

Has the S&P topped and headed for a sharp correction?

1. yes

58 vote(s)
    30.5%
  2. no

59 vote(s)
    31.1%
  3. I don't know / I don't care / I don't like you

73 vote(s)
    38.4%
  1. Not trying to fool anyone? How many times did you say "why do you say I was a moderator?" and "I was not a moderator". That's trying to fool people.

You never fooled me ivanovich. You're just a jealous loser with alot of free time on your hands, which are actually the perfect qualifications to be a mod.

#571     Feb 23, 2011
  2. bone

bone

"YES when TRADING, and NO when charting. "

So, are we splitting the difference, or are you just talking down on me because I'm a relative value trader ?

BTW, I'll take YES when trading every time.

#572     Feb 23, 2011
  3. No, not at all. I never once questioned the ratio for trading. I guess this is your tacit-admission that there is a problem with your chart value of $64k+?

#573     Feb 23, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

just once, drawdown :) i'm not a moderator. i asked why you said i was just once. that's all. of course if you can find another post, please put it here.

in the meantime, the tantrum rages on and the top calls linger....haha

and volente is one for one (so far) :)

[​IMG]

#574     Feb 23, 2011
  5. it is called "custom charting" according to Bone's sig

"Now providing custom charting studies and proprietary"

#575     Feb 23, 2011
  6. bone

bone

Atticus, definitely a crap chart scale. At last check, the XLE basket is worth $66,297 and the ES is worth $65,437 on notional value prices. The currency and volatility-adjusted trade ratios I gave are dead nuts on (which, you have to admit, is the important aspect), and it is a great spread trade using those trade ratios.

#576     Feb 23, 2011
  7. Brother, you gotta use 16-17 when building the XLE/ES chart. You can adjust the chart ratio for beta, vol, etc., but FX is a bit odd as both numerator and denom. are USD assets. Notional doesn't enter into the chart-equation.

Sure, build it with an adjustment for beta and vol, but it's still within a few bps of 17x. You can possibly go from 17 to 851 if that's what you're implying.:p

#577     Feb 23, 2011
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Bow down to your master drawdown

Shower me with accolades for showing you how it is done.

[​IMG]

#578     Feb 23, 2011
  9. #579     Feb 23, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#580     Feb 23, 2011