The new TT platform... when, where ??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CALLumbus, Sep 18, 2015.

1. If you are a trader, what are the advantages and disadvantages compare the following two cases:
    (1) Open TT account directly with TT.
    (2) Open TT account directly with FCM (such as AMP, etc.).

#71     Jun 30, 2016
  2. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

TT is the software company....can not clear live trades.

You need an FCM to trade live.

#72     Jun 30, 2016
  3. Yes in both cases trader still need to open a trading account with FCM. The question asked was related to TT USER account carried by TT (not the trading account carried by FCM).

#73     Jun 30, 2016
  4. J.P.

J.P.

I highly recommend opening an account and getting billed directly for BOTH data and platform directly from Trading Technologies. With this system, with TT, the data, platform, connectivity and support are all handled directly by TT. If needed, you'll get immediate direct expert support. You cut out the middleman. You'll have broker-choice flexibility while maintaining your platform. There doesn't seem to be a downside; it's all good.

JP

#74     Jun 30, 2016
    patrickrooney likes this.
  5. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP Customers get full support from us & TT. It is not one or the other.

PS. any live trade questions - TT will call the FCM for confirmations.

#75     Jun 30, 2016
  6. If you open a TT USER account directly with TT, can you use such TT USER account to trade other people trading accounts carried by different FCMs? For example one is carried by FCM1 owned by your wife and other is carried by FCM2 owned by your friend.

#76     Jun 30, 2016
  7. J.P.

J.P.

I know you can indeed trade multiple FCMs simultaneously; that's one of the benefits. I can only assume that you can trade other people's accounts if you have the proper permissions, but I'm not completely sure about that.

#77     Jun 30, 2016
  8. J.P.

J.P.

I predict that it's low-cost outfits like AMP that will eventually gain the most from this structure as the FCM's support requirements are almost completely eliminated, therefore making it difficult to justify paying higher commissions at other brokers who tout their support, connections and infrastructure--all of which are now handled directly and quite well by TT.

#78     Jun 30, 2016
  9. I see. Agree your points. Since you are from TT, can you try to help me to answer my question above regarding if I can use TT USER account to trade other people's accounts or not? Thanks.

#79     Jun 30, 2016
    lovethetrade likes this.
  10. If I open a TT USER account directly with TT and my wife or my friend open a trading account with AMP, can I use my TT USER account to trade my wife or my friend trading account carried by AMP?

#80     Jun 30, 2016