The mind of a trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by djmartin, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Cool journal DJ, you've changed my mind.

#91     Jun 25, 2015
  2. djmartin

djmartin

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that.

#92     Jun 25, 2015
  3. djmartin

djmartin

I'm flattered but I'm just a trader trying to get better everyday and you guy help me do that. ET gets a lot of flack but this site helped me so much. I'm not where I want to be but I give it my all everyday.

#93     Jun 25, 2015
  4. djmartin

djmartin

#94     Jun 25, 2015
  5. djmartin

djmartin

#95     Jun 25, 2015
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Regardless if / one's context exists - the information does - in as much as the mkt does

True - but the information must be presented in a way the viewer (trader) can decipher / act upon

Otherwise the viewer (trader) becomes overwhelmed..., or loses interest

Becomes another's indecipherable information (which that person likely equates to noise - as it useless to them)

RN

#96     Jun 26, 2015
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Hey JT,

Three potential sources of noise

One's mind

The mkt

One's trading platform / chart configuration

=====================================

The mkt; this one I maintain is 100% information (some will disagree with me)

One's mind; until it clear - will produce noise

One's platform / charts - that unless configured (and optimized) to our self - will produce "noise"

Imo..., all noise related to trading can be attributed back to one..., or a multiple - of these three

News / external stuff - can all be filtered / set aside / ignored - by a quiet and orderly mind

Yet such a mind can be rendered useless by a poorly optimized platform layout (including charts..., chart settings)

Mkt - is 100% information (if one truly detached and objective)

RN

#97     Jun 26, 2015
    djmartin likes this.
  8. JTrades

JTrades

Sums it up nicely.

--

Up to date with the videos, btw. Interesting to see another point of view.

#98     Jun 27, 2015
  9. djmartin

djmartin

#99     Jun 27, 2015
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Thanks for the weekly update.

I think you're doing just fine on your own based upon what you've been saying in your nightly recaps. Therefore, why not just keep doing what you're doing instead of purchasing info ???

Is there something you're doing poorly in that you haven't mentioned in your videos and if so...what is it that you feel you can't find info about such here at Elitetrader.com that requires you to look elsewhere ???

Also, didn't you mentioned you had (have) a mentor ???

#100     Jun 28, 2015