The home audio thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by convexx, Sep 11, 2014.

1. convexx

convexx

I get a hot burp when idiots start dropping names of gear they've never seen let alone heard. Yeah, wire. Wire! You could use a friggin coat hanger as long as it's not acting as a resistor. "flying out here" as LOS is typing from a Pattaya walkup with cockroaches crossing the floor. Priceless.

#41     Sep 15, 2014
    Baron likes this.
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

What's scary is my Dad's friend from Vietnam lives near Bangkok, and I agreed to fly there with my Son this Christmas. Dad didn't speak of his friend from then more than a few times, and I'm nervous as hell wondering what I've agreed to. Seems Thailand has some interesting Americans living there...

#42     Sep 15, 2014
  3. Here are some photos of the equipment-- this stuff was top of the line back in the day, want to sell it for some state of the art new gear---- my ex-wife kept most of my good stuff in the house---If anyone is interested in making an offer, let me know----

Carver receiver, nakamichi tape deck, Denon CD, Terk antenna, Magnepan speakers

gear2.jpg gear2.jpg gear2.jpg gear.jpg

#43     Sep 15, 2014
  4. STFU

#44     Sep 15, 2014
  5. convexx

convexx

LOL to the pics. "Want to sell it for state of the art gear"

You may be able to see the Maggies for some MoPads and some speaker wire! Nice tape-deck Bro.

#45     Sep 15, 2014
  6. convexx

convexx

#46     Sep 15, 2014
  7. Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    #47     Sep 15, 2014
  8. convexx

convexx

Vintage as euphemism for garbage. rofl (again).

#48     Sep 15, 2014
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

I hate to add to the comedy, but my home audio consists of a Bose sound touch. Sounds like I need a Crutchfield catalog.:(:D

#49     Sep 15, 2014
  10. convexx

convexx

Neither LOS nor Surfer can flip a light switch. So disregard.

The QC20 are extremely effective at active-isolation. They are well-regarded on head-fi and other audio snob-sites.

#50     Sep 15, 2014