The home audio thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by convexx, Sep 11, 2014.

1. convexx

convexx

Pics of your gear. Please

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    #31     Sep 14, 2014
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Pics of "his" home audio should be quite interesting, but for the love of Jesus, PLEASE don't ask for pics of "his" women!:eek:

#32     Sep 14, 2014
  3. I thread is low-end to medium-end, BOSE would be OK.

But in the high-end realm, BOSE\right-click\sendto\Food Stamps recipients.

#33     Sep 15, 2014
  4. For high-end headphones make your search easier with these 6 top-end ones....

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/high-end-audio-buyers-guide-headphones-over-1000/

See comments for my Grado PS1000 when powered by a headphone amp
    "But if you connect the PS 1000s to a great amp they will give you goosebumps, guaranteed."

----------------------------------------------------

One just simply cannot mention Bose in the company or context of the above 6. Madness, madness, madness. And if you say BOSE headphones in the same sentence as STAX headphones audiophiles would be very upset by such crassness :):D

#34     Sep 15, 2014
  5. Sooner or later Baron is going to have to put in the "dislike" button :) but in the meantime hope this will help all

Listening Room setup .....

4 separate circuit breakers, 2 for preamps and source equip., the other 2 for power amplifiers and sub-woofer amps, each amp system on its own circuit

All wiring for electrical circuits = 8-gauge wire = difference in sound quality is not subtle

Goldmund Cones under all amplifiers and preamplifier and source quips.

Once setup, contact Michael Green of RoomTune Inc., fly him down for 2 days to set your space up for standing waves control. (don't know if he's still around, used to be based in Ohio, given economy now, who knows but if found he will fly down)

If MG still makes the amp-clamp, this is a good way to go.

For power amplifiers, I believe the OP's Krells are a good way to go, but my preference is for straight Mark Levinson monoblocks all the way thru'

Years ago when Christopher Hansen Ltd., of Beverly Hills High-end audio went broke, he announced liquidation - I lived only 3 blocks from his shop and Joe Cali his top salesman was just hired by Cello the same day I got there - Joe came over to me and asked, "you got cash?" I said, Yeah. He said, "nail the Mark Levinson 50-watters fast, fast fast" I did, I took all 6 at bargain basement prices.

Those 50-watters ran a pair of special Eds SL700 like sheer Heaven, preamp was Audio Research.

That was the delightful past.

#35     Sep 15, 2014
  6. convexx

convexx

Where are the pics? Even a pic of the Grados.

#36     Sep 15, 2014
  7. I have some gear that might be for sale--- when I get back to the surf shack, I'll post a few pictures.

#37     Sep 15, 2014
  8. convexx

convexx

This is not the place for you to sell your Victrola. Try the classifieds or a garage sale.

#38     Sep 15, 2014
  9. convexx

convexx

So LOS has a transistor radio and found audiogon.com and stereophile magazine. He was formerly known as "retaildaytrader" and cannot help himself for trolling every thread. Guy doesn't own a pair of headphones...

#39     Sep 15, 2014
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'd imagine he's at least paid a small amount by the folks who compiled the recent DSM-V. Lol!

#40     Sep 15, 2014