The home audio thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by convexx, Sep 11, 2014.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

$550-$675

#181     Sep 19, 2014
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

WOW!!! I love an MP-5 in rock n roll mode! Very controllable, and very effective! Love it!
    And have a Friend living in La Jolla who was a SEAL. He runs 80-100 miles at a time now and then.:eek:

#182     Sep 19, 2014
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

You should be an NRA Member. Without them, we would have been disarmed long ago.

#183     Sep 19, 2014
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

#184     Sep 19, 2014
  5. convexx

convexx

Yeah, the movement is ok. The cushion case and curved-crystal as the best of Panny designs, IMO. The crown-lever is ingenious, but there is a limit to the design. The mating surfaces tend to wear with time if you're a nutjob who open and closes the crown like a guy flipping a Strider SMF. So be nice to your Panny and it will be nice to you!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    #185     Sep 19, 2014
  6. convexx

convexx

I'd own regardless. I take issue with assholes walking around with AKs strapped to their torso.

My cousin likes in TX. His wife and mine are very close. Now understand that my cousin Joe will say maybe three words per hour. Anyway, they are shopping for groceries at a store outside Dallas, when a guy is walking down the aisles carrying an AR (front-carry). Joe's kids start running... they had never seen open rifle carry inside a store. Joe starts to taunt the guy... and the guy left the store, humiliated.

He's an NRA member, formerly of SF, and he thinks it's bat-shit crazy. Maybe not the most sane move to taunt a guy with a loaded-AR...

#186     Sep 19, 2014
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I keep my 111, 29, and daylight on winders. Can't stand pulling the crown guard lever every time I want to wear a different one. And the 47mm 1950.. Have seen one, and wish I had tried it on. Guarantee it would look funny on my 7" wrists. Lol

#187     Sep 19, 2014
  8. convexx

convexx

Honestly, I'd do what I could (if I were you) to buy a 1950. I like the standard models fine, but I'd sell those two and get the fiddy! I have large wrists, but I saw a woman (model) in Tribeca wearing a 50 with a strap to manage it. It was silly, and she had to have a 4.5" wrist.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    #188     Sep 19, 2014
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Anyone going in a store dressed like a squad leader needs to have his ass removed. Sad that kids see dickheads doing shit like that.

#189     Sep 19, 2014
  10. Interesting....

Other than the high entertainment value, I am here to discover the next BTC. BTC was posted on Elitetrader a couple of years before I had heard of it.
    meh... I'm for background checks. seems sensible....

talking about AK-47s on a message board might get you "flagged" but then I probably am anyways. ha.

#190     Sep 19, 2014