The Daytrader Stigma

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Corso482, Oct 21, 2002.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Hey Travis,
    Some things just get a lot clearer with age. How old are you. 20s. 30s? When you get older and bad things happen..... you realize that what you have is not so bad. And that the opinons of strangers do not matter one whit.
    I let the negative comments roll off of me like water on a ducks back. Who really cares. Don't take life so seriously.
    Also some people think they are being funny and it comes off badly in print. Most of them would be upset if they know they got to you. And then again, some people are just bastards.
    :)

#91     Nov 9, 2002
  2. 1. I am not a "day trader." They all went ass out a few years back. I am a professional equities trader and make a very good living doing so. If anyone cares to argue with me....I just blow them off because they are not worth the effort. Some just need to be informed or "re-trained" towards the public stigma.

2. TRAVIS....I did not read all your posts (very short attention span) but I do have a quick opinion. LIFE is much too short to deal with assholes all the time....even if they are family. If you love them...learn to ignore their insults, if you don't love them.......tell the all to F*** off/

#92     Nov 9, 2002
  3. Just out of curiosity: What state did this happen in?

#93     Nov 9, 2002
  4. Ever have people ask you for investment advice? I do all the time and they get mad when I tell them I am a terrible investor and haven't a clue what to pick. I'll run some good sized money day or swing trading without worry but I am absolutely terrified at the thought of picking a fund from Fidelity for my Simple with the result that it has been sitting in cash for three years. I've even thought of turning it over to Raymond James so at least it doesn't sit.

Anyone else have problems investing?:(

Geo.

#94     Nov 9, 2002
  5. travis

travis

Max Profit points out what seems to be a contradiction in my thinking, so let me explain to you what the exact problem is.
    I used to be the one who could turn to these people any time I needed help, so I do feel gratitude to these people, but at the same time, it is true that they never understood me as a person, or encouraged my efforts as a trader. So I feel at once grateful and resentful toward them. I'd be more than willing to give them money if they needed it, but I would never teach them something they always looked down on, despised and called "immoral". What?! First they tell me trading is immoral, then, once they see it works, they ask me to teach them? No way. No way. No way. Call me "ungrateful" all you want, but I am not telling you anything about my trading. No way.
    And then, if once you see that I am not going to teach you anything about trading, you go back to calling my activity "immoral", and try to guilt trip me to get back at me, then all I can do is quote Tony Montana one more time: "You die, motherfucker!".

#95     Nov 9, 2002
  6. Just sit them all down and confess to them that they were right all along.. The real reason that you refuse to teach them about trading is because it turns out that Trading IS IMMORAL after all.

Tell them that you refuse to put their eternal souls in peril.

That you refuse to be a vehicle of SATAN.. :D

If they really want to be immoral, they will have to figure it out for themselves, because you don't want that heavy burden weighing on your soul.. That your immorality is a choice that you make for yourself, but that you refuse to encourage it in others.

Make yourself out to be the good guy.

:)

#96     Nov 9, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

I don't know why - most people want to see other people get their head handed to them. The exception is when the people they want to see fail have made it - then they become fans and you get groupies and the like...

Human beings are one strange bunch...

nitro

#97     Nov 9, 2002
  8. And if they continue to pressure you, all you have to say is: "Get thee behind me SATAN.."

#98     Nov 9, 2002
  9. People have to blame someone when they have lost sometimes more than 100% of their wealth through the market (through leverage).

They assume everyone losers because they do.

Like any profession only a small percantage are excellent, a large percantage were just gamblers not day traders - simple we just had a mania - what do manias attract?

#99     Nov 11, 2002
  10. it happened in PA.

best,

surf:)

#100     Nov 11, 2002