The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. There is something that I will never understand about foreigners: why can't they respect local us and customs.

Rather than wait for the 3rd person, here are the 2 cars information, so that we can find out who is behind these:
    saturday 19th , car number, CR-717-TH , color dark blue/grey
    sunday 20h, car nimber. BX-536-PW, color brown
    Both on my way to the local "mediatheque" - this is a residential area.
    I tries to talk to the "hired mouths", but the first one sped his car when he noticed I was taking his car number.
    The second one as well.
    If we could get the full names, then I could definitively get them to be "confessing" the names .

#391     Dec 20, 2015
  2. Now , I am starting to understand why meditation works so well : it removes any negative psychological effects created by stress!!!

#392     Dec 20, 2015
  3. :):):):):):):):)

I am actually going to congratulate the three lads who have finished their dhamma.org
    And yes, you are realising how much "negative conditioning" you have carried in your life,
    and it feels good ( more peace) to have dejunked these.
    You can see things much clearer, and think better.
    A bit like a pond being cleaned

Very well done to have cleaned your pond ( mind).

#393     Dec 20, 2015
  4. By the way, I now have the letter hand-delivered by an employee from a security service company here. I will go to their office to get the ID checked, and arrange things.
    Thank you for understanding why safety is priority. The same in trading, it comes a time
    when "safety" in trading becomes key.

#394     Dec 20, 2015
  5. Handle123

Handle123

I think it is tougher for men to accept a loss than women. In my beginnings it was hard to accept to lose, it is like telling the world I am failing plain and simple, and more losing trades just shows myself and world how lame I am. We are taught growing up that we must win at all costs in sports, Quarterbacks get the cheerleaders etc..., so we grow up that we must win, taking a lose says we are accepting to be defeated.

I had to learn how to leave myself out of the office, I am there to trade the Trading Plan, THAT'S IT !!! I can put any feelings in it. One of the best ways to do so, when doing sim trading, if you can, bump up speed of doing it, you train your brain to identify quicker getting in and out. Way too many never find all the reasons to not take trades based on price structure.

When I leave my office, I can be happy I was profitable, but not before.

#395     Dec 20, 2015
  6. Indeed the psychology/spirituality attached to losses in trading. :):):)
    Whoever trades and is serious about getting ahead, sooner or later goes to the
    psy/spirituality "dejunking". Trading is such a great mirror to one's psychology.

There are different reasons for mismanaging losses :
    * self-esteem / self-worth issues ( "how lame I am", "winning at all costs").
    self-worth attached to what one does, rather than what one is.

* linked to seeking the experience of "death", or the experience of "annihilation".
    These one will translate into "accounts blown out".

Before to get more into these two above reasons, I have been checking some "gamblers" forums to understand various aspects linked to losing in "unusual-money" making activities.
    I am going to look into the psychology attached to losing profits more specifically, aka
    the accounts drawdowns.

some talk about, such occurances:
    * when they win, they never cash out and stop
    * when they win big, they up the bets and lose it all
    * when they win, they become greedy and want more
    * they become addicted to the losing, not the winning

Others talk about
    * what one wins is NEVER enough! One person won $14million, and
    it was not enough( :D), the person went on in the activity, and lost it all

Others talk about
    * whenever they made the money, then it became a
    "it is just trying to get rid of any money I have as fast as I can":
    The person's personal history were that both parents were extremely
    heavy slot machines gamblers, both parents getting their fortune from inheritance.
    They teamed up to lose it all. The kids then, even when broke, were trying to do the same!!!

Others talk about
    * not stopping when they win, because they are depressed and just want
    to "forget their problems"

Others simply
    * play more and at higher stakes. Basically increase bets.
    But do not understand why

The study continues : psychology/spirituality is just an amazing thing
    Let's get to the bottom of why some people lose their profits :rolleyes::):D

#396     Dec 21, 2015
  7. Many Many Many thank you again for your unvaluable help.
    Today: I had never met any of these persons before.
    Obviously the look-alike had a real go at posing for someone else!

#397     Dec 21, 2015
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  8. I hope that most had a very good Xmas ( including those who are getting back their health).

Always a pleasure during this period to "elevate one's mind".

2015 year had been a year of clarity.

#398     Dec 26, 2015
  9. Some good wish to 2 "females" :

* Realise that God is always a God of Justice, but also a God of mercy.

Please book yourself to some St Ignace retreats ( do at least 5 retreats of 1 month ):
    the Autism is not the only thing that will befall this kid
    ( you might no know but Belgium is a "special" country for children), if you do not sort out
    the "spirituality issues". The one who has fears ( her genes are messed up from the tests):
    same as well. St Ignace retreats ( idem 5 at least of 1 month): you need God's forgiveness.

No, I have nothing to do with these things : nothing to do with my prayers, as these are about
    chasing away impurities. For things to show up as the Autism and the trisomy thing, and nobody
    being involved in that, this is not stuff you've done over 6 years.

Do remember God can make miracles. These St Ignace retreats work.
    Best wishes, do not despair and courage for the autist one and have hope to avoid the trisomy.

I sincerely wish you both a Happy Xmas and Happy New year!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    #399     Dec 27, 2015
  10. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

**** It looks like these people have never done any fasting and need one.
    FASTING for minimum 15 days with daily confession of their sins with ALL the full names of those
    involved, the job functions and the company they work for ( so that the company boss can be
    informed, and if that is not enough the company's customers can be informed).

- One person who is called "Melanie" : never had any Melanie in people I have met, nor known.
    She used "Brigite" ,( mother of Vivaldie) ( she can be found by contacting "Bernadette", the mother of Kevin and partner of Antoine ). She used "Brigitte" as "hired mouth".
    Apparently "melanie" had changed : changed so much that she now felt comfortable and sure of being in total
    impunity that she could go and used "hired mouth" to harass, and violate people's privacy, feel a total sense of impunity that she can use "hired mouth".
    The other people : she will have to confess the other persons who participated in approaching "Brigitte" partner.
    Yes they are now spreading to other people, and teaching the skills of "hired mouth" and impunity.

The cleaning continue.

The key here is to get the full identities of those involved with Melanie in Sunday's evening "hired mouths" event.

"Bernadette" will also be able, if she is "convinced", to reveal clarly how she was approached and coached,
    what she had to do.

It is also important to try to find how and from WHOM ( and get the list of people this person showed the techniques to) they "Melani" et al, learned about these hired mouth techniques, and, about
    the "human shield " ( via mouth and action) technique.

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    #400     Dec 29, 2015