The best traders in ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GloriaBrown, Aug 9, 2013.

1. I also have not been impressed by any. If the educators are so good, then where are their successful students? Any good teacher or coach should be able to produce examples of successful students.

But whether it be fee-charging vendors or free helpers in forums/chatrooms, it's the same story over and over again--- no proof that the teacher is successful and no proof that there have ever been any successful students.

#51     Aug 11, 2013
    artes33 likes this.
  2. There are few who are not teachers, they are just traders and don't mind share little bit to lead someone who is interested to the right direction for doing own research. Not everyone is 100% selfish just keep all to themselves, specially they have earned enough.

#52     Aug 11, 2013
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Forums were created for the exchange of dialog between traders, plain and simple. If someone chats about a topic that interests you, wouldn't you go ahead and design a method around that idea? Oh wait, you don't know how to trade? It took me several years to learn how to program, am sure it took others years as well, but do you expect me to openly give out to the masses my work I have labored so hard to do? If educators are so good, why do they want to work with you for a couple of lousy thousand bucks? Why would any good traders have his past students/staff make addional posts just to satisfy you?

You need to get off your dead ass and do some real work, you are one of the many who believe others should just hand over all our years of expertise to you in a shopping cart. People like you disagust me, so many good traders leave cause of the dead air in forums.

And I too have won National Championships as well, in the 90s, we all have our EGO years. There simple no amount of money anyone could give me that I would want to take away my time to teach people who don't want to work hard and do it themself. Fucking lazy ass people.

#53     Aug 11, 2013
  4. Of course--- no successful trader is going to give out his methods in a public forum, or put them up for sale in a $99 ebook, or sit all day talking into a chatroom mic.

Hence my suggestions that aspiring traders should find a good prop firm to train at, or find some other way of networking with real traders who have real success in the markets. Going solo and relying on anonymous internet personas for assistance is the wrong path to follow, and that is proven by the total absence of success amongst those who take that path.

#54     Aug 11, 2013
  5. Markets have changed radically since the 1990s

#55     Aug 11, 2013
  6. I will repeat this:

Every one of the trades I've made for my business is public record.

There is the proof you need, and you do not wish to seek to find it, fine.

Let me try against, ms:

Listen, I know what I'm doing! You can trust me!

Ad nauseum, the claims by ms above do not consist of anything but his crowd marketing obfuscation immediately following the only poster that can meet all of these doubters definitions.

You can't sim trade profitably and end up with money in your account, yet somehow, despite the explanations on my websites, it doesn't cross anyone's mind that if they were to have invested that they would have made that and I say if that's the logic of the folks around here, then we have much bigger problems with regard to sanity than I care to mention because God does exist, and at some point, if their posts have hurt others, it will come down to being told that splattering misinformation around the posts of others who do have edges available to the public is not something you should ever doubt when faced with the legality of knowing if someone says it is then it is that way and all you have to do is make phone calls to verify 3rd party results.

#56     Aug 11, 2013
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

Couple questions for you:

Can you list the ways in which markets have changed radically as reflected in the historic records of price (price charts)?

If so, can you explain how these changes in price action reduce or increase a trader's ability to profit from short term (intraday or multi-day) price swings?

Extra Credit: Can you post a couple before and after charts illustrating these radical changes?

#57     Aug 11, 2013
  8. I'm not going to keep spoon feeding you--- you need to discover the answers on your own-- sorry, surf

#58     Aug 11, 2013
  9. Good questions that have elicited an evasive response, as expected.

Yes, if you have a method that requires a market to behave in a very specific way, then things might have changed.

If all you need to make money is for markets to go up and down, then how have things changed? If they no longer go up and down then what exactly are we watching every day?

As a swing trader I like to keep things simple. I need the market to go from A to B, and I need to be on the right side of that move. Whether that comes from looking at candlesticks, MACD histogram, or something I read in the business pages that gave me an idea, is irrelevant.

People get so hung up on details that don't matter. What matters is the end result.

Old Sichuan saying 'It doesn't matter whether it is a white cat or a black cat, a cat that catches mice is a good cat.'

Attributed to Deng Xiaoping.

#59     Aug 11, 2013
  10. Members who have joined recently do not get to see good traders. They have left ET by now.

In trading, for a while the conferences and expos attracted expert traders. That time has passed as well.

This is probably because global communication has moved on to other mechanisms for the transfer of trading knowledge and skills.

The general picture of a successful trading system would be a loaf of bread.

To view the loaf, you can cut it into it useful parts.

Skilled traders do post the slices of their loaf.

Slices of bread are only so useful in a trading diet.

What he learner has to do is go to the refrigerator and take out the related ingredients to make sandwiches.

Having a diet that uses all the slices in sanbdwiches from a complete loaf is how the trader acquires an expert system of the market's operation.

The market system is a structure, a process going on within that structure and a set of results produced by the operation of the sstructure..

To th OP:

You ask a question.

Who's answers have any value? Probably those who have learned (and become skilled and knowledgeable) from a person they consider a "best" type trader.

Acrurary is a good read. He traded one way for quite a while. Then he went through a significant transition and took up a different style of trading.

One third of the best traders I know live in Vegas. None of the best traders I know use ET.

#60     Aug 11, 2013