The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. ignl

ignl

Eur looks very strong for me. Anyone has good numberlines for eur too? Can it move much higher? I think so. I even think that grexit could be pretty bullish for eur currency. Think about it. Greece leaves eurozone, and tells everyone to fuck off. They have borrowed quite a bit of money and puff all that credit is gone! All german/france banks' balance sheets are affected by this and it could really shrink real money supply in eurozone. QE is not that big and could not counter that. If grexit doesn't happen, eur might still get stronger especially after ECB finishes front loading its bond buying in june and because it was quite a drop after all. So its win win. Eur failed monthly A up for me, but I think its just matter of time especially with such strong numberlines (also W A up). Anyone care to share thoughts or your ACD about that? :) Maybe today is good time to buy?

#9541     Jun 5, 2015
  2. DT3

DT3

Don't keep NL's for EUR but I tend to agree with you it looks strong ACD wise. Confimred weekly A UP and failed A down today for me.

#9542     Jun 5, 2015
  3. DT3

DT3

For those looking to short the market I really believe the cleanest way to do this now is short treasures its moving very "cleanly" compared to ES. I have a nice spread trade on short treasuries/long XLF.

#9543     Jun 5, 2015
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Does anyone around here know if this ACD crap works? The thread seems kind of long and I really don't want to read the whole thing. :)

#9544     Jun 6, 2015
  5. Yeah there was this weirdo Maverick something who said that it did, but other than some mystical/mythical calls like X, nobody could quite replicate it, so since this Maverick guy left, people are not so sure anymore.

You wouldn't happen to know this guy, would you?

#9545     Jun 6, 2015
  6. DT3

DT3

Haha thought it was another random post until I saw who it was from :). Welcome back man, where you been, how's it going??

#9546     Jun 6, 2015
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Man, this place really is dead. LOL. Didn't I put enough fish in the lake? :)

I wanted to stop posting at 20k posts and did and then for some odd reason, my post count mysteriously jumped to 20,001 (nice trick Baron).

It actually felt good being away from ET for awhile. I took a quick look around and noticed not much has changed. Just like Livermore said about markets never changing.

So going forward this is my new rule. I will re-visit this thread one day a week on Sundays. I'll respond to any questions or comments and maybe add a few of my own. This will keep me two involved but not so much where I need to pay for ET therapy. LOL.

An interesting observation about life:

In the real world, people do change with time. Events, circumstances, environment, etc all change people. Slowly, the way water can carve and change a solid rock over time. If you see an old friend you haven't seen in years, you will notice they are older, heavier, maybe sick, maybe softer spoken. If you visit the neighborhood you grew up you will find this was moved, that changed, something got built, etc. Old schools are torn down, new ones put up. And so you as a person evolve and change with the world.

When you come to ET though, there are no buildings, no old bridges we remember crossing. Since most of us don't know what we look like, there is no evidence that time even exists here. Hell, we aren't even 100% sure who we are talking to; new aliases, old aliases. But when one wonders back to ET, it's as if this place is frozen in time. The same questions about the same topics on trading. The same arguments and same debates in chit chat. The same macho bravado and chest pumping. It's very odd to experience from a psychological standpoint. We as humans are meant to evolve. Our survival depends on it. Yet this site does not. The aesthetics have changed on the outside (mostly good) but the inside is mostly the same. A deeper question and possibly an interesting case study would be to investigate the long term effects of social media and forums on one's mental health. Social media in general does not allow one to evolve and instead stunts all possible growth from happening. What are the ramifications of this on society? Deep thoughts....

Anyway....it's Sunday so I can post as much as I want. Nice to see you guys again. And yes, I'm long the Euro. :)

#9547     Jun 7, 2015
    logicaltrader, ignl and samuel11 like this.
  8. Good to have you back Mav.

#9548     Jun 7, 2015
    wow12 likes this.
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Maybe everyone left because they read all 955 pages of ACD and mastered it? Nice job guys!

#9549     Jun 7, 2015
  10. Hello Mav,

Great to see you posting! We have all missed you.

Are you still using ACD as the basis of your trading methodology? Any changes you can mention?

#9550     Jun 7, 2015