The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. wow12

wow12

Where's Mav gone he left without any notice :eek: unless hes got different alias , do any of you guys now him personally try hunt him down and bring him back to the board anyways Mav if you still lurking around just to let you know i'm still trading the ACD framework and modified alot of stuff it seems to be working (fingers crossed continues to do so) due the concepts and ideas you layed out here so thankyou :)

#9491     Apr 5, 2015
  2. keithx

keithx

Would love to hear more from Maverick, but he has provided a lot.

I first learned about Mark Fishers method last year and had some success immediately but my performance fell down a bit around August/September. Looking at the chart it's clear to see it was a low volatility time (going by the VIX and ATR's) to be trading FX and DAX. As well i was new to it and had less screen time. So i tried learning other methods again which always seem to be about fading everything. But coming back to buying strength like this feels so much better psychologically. It's a system that works better in trending markets it seems and right now we have some beautiful daily trends. So I have returned to ACD and hopefully now the extra screen time should help me utilise it properly. Must say it works far better on DAX than FX but that may be my skill level?

#9492     Apr 5, 2015
  3. Have you noticed Emerging Markets (EEM) has had three Gap-N-Go's and will most probably have a monthly A up at the end of the day.

#9493     Apr 6, 2015
  4. Where you been hiding? Yes noted the above thanks are you in already?

#9494     Apr 6, 2015
  5. RY,

Just out of interest what are your 30 and 5 day lines for eem.? Mine are showing it still in chop mode on the 30 day and 8 on 5 day.

#9495     Apr 6, 2015
  6. Hello RB,

I've got 5 day @ 8, monthly @ 4 and 30 day @ 1. Say it pulled back to my weekly A Down at 41.39 and held, then that would interest me. How about you?

#9496     Apr 6, 2015
  7. RY,

Are you watching OIL? Just confirmed at 11 on 30 day 6 on the 5 day and MR is at 2. It has already made a weekly A up and is currently confirming the monthly.

If it confirms the monthly then this will be the first monthly confirmed A up in 6 months so its a rare one. There is still lots of talk about the huge inventories and how Iran could start pumping which are bearish. Should it confirm the Monthly A up I am a little tempted to get long on a Daily or Weekly failed A down.

#9497     Apr 7, 2015
  8. So the markets nearly closed and oil made an A down to day which in turns means that so far we don´t have the monthly A up I was talking about yesterday. we are also back inside the range for the weekly but still have an up in theory as the weekly A down has not been breached yet.

FOMC minutes IMO were not to far out of what was already priced in but the headlines on the crude stock was not good at all. Perhaps with the recent spate of poor US data traders may see the dollar as overvalued. Heres a cutting from the crude news today.

NEW YORK, April 8 (Reuters) - U.S. crude stocks surged nearly 11 million barrels last week, the biggest gain in 14 years, as imports jumped, while gasoline inventories unexpectedly increased, government data showed on Wednesday.

"They are the most bearish numbers I've seen in quite some time, very surprising, even to a bear like me," said Tariq Zahir, managing member at Tyche Capital Advisors in Laurel Hollow, New York.¨

Now the next "tell" for me is how the market acts from tomorrow onwards after digesting this news. If we pop the pre news high which will most likely lead to a confirmed monthly A up then I will start looking to enter.

Any thoughts or ideas would be gladly appreciated.

#9498     Apr 8, 2015
  9. SLX which confirmed negative on the 30 day for me on the 30th March looks like it may have failed at the monthly A up. It has the following NL´s.

-12 thirty day
    2 five day
    2 MR

But even better looking is RIO. We are due to drop a -2 off the number line tomorrow so another A down tomorrow will give it a confirmed negative. It looks to have failed at both the monthly and weekly A up and got a complete royal arse kicking from the open today. Here are RIO´s NL´s.

-9 thirty day
    0 five day
    0 MR

A break of 40.75 could expose the 39.14 which is the 5 year low but first target on a short play would be 39.53 which is the monthly A down.

#9499     Apr 8, 2015
  10. So from the last post unfortunately OIL never managed to make a monthly A upyet and seems to be going side ways but still with reaching distance of the monthly A up. Here are the number lines;

+10 30 day
    +2 % day
    -2 MR

Rio still has not confirmed negative on the 30 as it has not had 2 consecutive days at -9 or less. However it continues to take a hammering after failing at the weekly and monthly A ups. Here are the number lines;

-9 30Day
    -2 5 Day
    -2 MR

#9500     Apr 13, 2015