The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Yes I am :)

I'll read anything Mav posts.

#9461     Mar 8, 2015
  2. So it was a big week in the markets with the ECB announcing a start to QE and the NFP adding to the probability of an early hike. I am only following FX at the moment but intend to add more as I get more practice in.

Pairs I am watching at the moment:

EURUSD confirmed an A Down at 1.10487 on the 5th with the monthly reset at -7 confirming this and -8 on the 5day.

USDCHF confirmed A Up at 0.93865 on the 6th with the monthly reset at +6 confirming this and a very nice +10 on he 5 day.

These are the best looking ones out of the +-18 I follow. Some more my get added to the list as the number lines improve.

On the EURUSD I will look to get short on either on a failed weekly A up or on a return to the A down on the monthly. With the USDCHF similar to above but looking to get long on failed A downs or on a return to the monthly A up.

Looking at the Dollar strength we are starting to price in an early hike but any misses on the retail sales or PPI reports could change this and cause some short term covering. There are lots of dollar bulls at the moment and any serious misses might have them running for the exit.

Just my 2 cents.

#9462     Mar 8, 2015
    Robert Yanks likes this.
  3. Hello trader31,

What did you decide? I'd like to hear your reasoning if you don't mind.

Thanks.

#9463     Mar 8, 2015
  4. Jeese Rob,

You beat me to it. I take it your in Europe somewhere to be posting at this time? It would be really good to have some constructive criticism from the older guys from this thread.

I am up to page 700 at the moment and have read the book around 3 times. It is the best thread in this place for sure.

#9464     Mar 8, 2015
  5. Hands down best thread ever. :)

#9465     Mar 8, 2015
  6. Wow Gold really is taking a hammering.

Crude could turn out interesting especially if the everyone is still bearish.....

#9466     Mar 8, 2015
  7. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Considering assets classes of Currencies,equities,commodities and sovereign rates,
    I would like to learn more of the close interplay between rates and currencies rather than the other two. I smile at Mavericks warning months ago of these currency moves as possibly historic and seeing it playing out. Euro all time low of .82ish in year(s) to come? Its probably not too late to still make some money.

#9468     Mar 8, 2015
  8. Hey King,

I actually believe a lot of this has already been priced in especially across European indices with investors already positioned for the relaxed credit conditions ahead. Most indices this morning are in the red at the moment which may be due to heightened expectations of an early rate hike.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

#9469     Mar 9, 2015