The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

There is a nice tie in there with what Arnold was talking about and ACD. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

#9271     Nov 1, 2014
  2. Thanks for the post Mav.

#9272     Nov 1, 2014
  3. Hello CP,

I track the daily monthly, quarterly and yearly A up/downs on the broad market. I'm accumulating a fair amount of data and their appears to be some info here. Anyway, if I can be of any help send my a pm and I'll code it up (if possible) and shoot you the results.

#9273     Nov 1, 2014
  4. Thanks for referencing the blog.

It reminded me of a Master Mav post back on 10/26/11 where he said: "Read this guy's entire blog. http://traderfeed.blogspot.com/ His books are outstanding as well. Also read Nassim Taleb's book too."

I haven't done that yet and will certainly start.

Thanks again.

#9274     Nov 1, 2014
  5. The bit about understanding flows and market psychology being infinitely better than looking at trend lines and moving averages. ACD is about being early and beating the crowds, understanding when lots of people are trapped, not coming in or leaving when the masses rush in or out.

#9275     Nov 2, 2014
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Right. So the point Arnold is making and what most traders over look is that price is the outer layer of the asset. It wraps around the asset and denotes it's value. But the actual makeup of that asset is embedded underneath that outer layer. So Arnold talks about pipelines and physical gas flows. This is granular analysis we talk about all the time on here. Simply looking at Henry Hub front month natty is just giving you a large outer layer. You have to go deeper then that to get a full understanding of what's happening. Simply drawing a trend line or a moving avg is not going to give you that understanding.

In ACD land we get that deeper granular knowledge through number line analysis. That is analogous to pipelines flows and studying the physical gas flows around the country. The number lines are explaining to us how capital flows from one asset to another. It's revealing a more intimate nature of the buyers and sellers vs just looking at a chart and drawing levels.

#9276     Nov 2, 2014
    Robert Yanks and wavefinder like this.
  7. copyplus

copyplus

By that, do you mean in individual stocks?

#9277     Nov 2, 2014
  8. Yes

#9278     Nov 2, 2014
  9. Hello fellow HomeGamers,

How's the retirement ETF and mutual funds doing?

Sunday night monthly recap of a few broad market ETF's:

DIA: My short term NL's confirmed positive on the 27th.

MCG: Short term NL’s confirmed positive on the 28th.

IJT: Short term NL’s confirmed positive on the 29th.

IYR: Short term NL’s confirmed positive on the 20th and 30 day on the 28th.

IYZ: Short term NL’s confirmed positive on the 21st.

JJC: Short term NL’s confirmed positive on the 13th and 30 day on the 14th.

KRE: Is short term confirmed positive.

UNG: Short term NL’s confirmed positive on the 29th and 30 day on the 30th.

XLK: Confirmed 30 day on the 28th.

XLP: Short term NL’s confirmed positive on the 21st.

XLU: Short term NL’s confirmed positive on the 20th.

#9279     Nov 2, 2014
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

USD/JPY hit 113...

#9280     Nov 2, 2014