The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. #9141     Sep 24, 2014
  2. partha

partha

NG .. weekly Aup and Daily Aup - NL is still negatively confirmed. Other than UNG is there any other vehicle (non futures) to play Nat gas ?

#9142     Sep 24, 2014
  3. Another balls out perfect ACD play in the Euro this week. Failed Aup (Weekly) right around the weekly pivot, trended straight down to a perfectly reasonable ATR based target with, get this, zero heat. This trade was never in the red once the low of the bar that temporarily broke the A level was violated. But I guess someone could pay thousands for a coach instead of buying a book, following this thread, and practicing.:)

#9143     Sep 24, 2014
  4. RBOB... anyone see this coming? The front month shot through my MAUp and is failing precisely at my QAUp now. The front 1M spread went from 6 to 20 cents in the last few days. Any good resources to study what affects the refined products calendar spreads? Trying not to miss something like this next time :).

Thanks in advance.

#9144     Sep 25, 2014
  5. partha

partha

logicaltrader ... I see the MAup break - but its testing the QADown from below .. did you mean QADown and not QAup ?

#9145     Sep 25, 2014
  6. Thats right. My mistake. QADn is what I meant at 2.7550-2.76. Bounced again from MAUp. Its like ping pong in ACD candy land. Do you have any insights into reading spreads, Partha?

#9146     Sep 25, 2014
  7. partha

partha

logicaltrader - no - I dont play spreads - dont know how yet - I am just tracking the NLs ... fwiw - my RB 5NL hit bottom around 9/11 and started up at that same time RB did a failed ADown on the Monthly. ...

#9147     Sep 25, 2014
  8. Thanks. I am still getting used to NLs, going back through my notes and trying to figure out 1) if I am calculating it correctly and 2) how I am going to use it since I can participate only in 2-3 markets at a time. Thanks for sharing your NL analysis.

#9148     Sep 25, 2014
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Rbob had options expiration which led to part of that squeeze. The other issue is physical gasoline got squeezed very hard at New York Harbor. I'm not sure there is anything that you could have done on this. I will say my rbob number line has been getting stronger and the gasoline cracks are very strong.

#9149     Sep 25, 2014
    logicaltrader likes this.
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

USD/TRY continues to climb. USD/MXN also creeping higher.

#9150     Sep 25, 2014