The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Mav.

Looking to expand the number of currencies I track so looked at DKK, NOK, SEK crosses. They seem to move pretty much in sync with each other against USD. Also found out DKK is pegged to the Euro, the others float freely.

Anything I'm missing here?

#9121     Sep 15, 2014
  2. wow12

wow12

Robert Yanks , thank you for the PDF number-line.
    "The number line is an indication of price action. It's what's happening internally in the market and very often disagrees with price.
    The edge is when you notice the dislocation." Mav:eek:

#9122     Sep 15, 2014
  3. My pleasure sir.

Btw, IEF confirmed the 30 day rolling and the monthly reset today. And TLT and HYG both had negative numbers. I've added a bit more to RYJUX (Rydex Inverse Govt. Long Bond) in my retirement MF's.

#9123     Sep 15, 2014
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, the DKK is a dollar peg.

#9124     Sep 16, 2014
  5. Thanks Mav, scratch that from the list then.

#9125     Sep 16, 2014
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Correction, it's pegged to the Euro, not the dollar. Sorry for the confusion.

#9126     Sep 16, 2014
  7. A dash of mid-week Number Lines:

>DIA had a 52 week high today and yesterday confirmed the 30 Day Rolling (DR) along with the 5 DR. The Monthly Reset is not yet confirmed.

>S&P Small Cap 600 (IJR) continues to show strength in the 30 day but neither the 5 day or monthly reset has confirmed.

>Under the Growth and Value section you can see a number of 30 DR confirmed.

>Gold (GLD) confirmed negative 30 DR on 8/21/14 and is down 4.34% to date.

>The 7-10 Year Bond (IEF) and the 20+ bond (TLT) have now both confirmed the 30 DR along with the monthly resets.

#9127     Sep 17, 2014
  8. OneFive

OneFive

Robert, maybe an ignorant question but what exactly is the "Monthly Reset" ? Thanks, John

#9128     Sep 19, 2014
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Beware of the old adage, that significant hyped events, once realized, often mark important turning points in the market....BABA.

#9129     Sep 19, 2014
    ignl likes this.
  10. It's Mav's insightful creation to the ACD number lines. I added a number of my favorite Mav quotes at the bottom of the document in regards to 1) Mav's 5 Day Rolling, and 2) Mav's Monthly Re-set. (I forgot the hyphen in the document.) I'll re-post the monthly re-set as follows:

"The monthly line corresponds to a "particular" cycle, in this case a segment of time of one month. It is married together with the monthly ACD levels."

"Right, the monthly re-sets to zero the first day of the month so it can track the monthly A levels. I like to see a 6 or 7 hit on the monthly confirmation. This tells me that we most likely had 3 confirmed A ups that led to the monthly A up."

"The purpose of the monthly number line is to CONFIRM or REJECT a monthly A level. It was created solely for that purpose."

#9130     Sep 19, 2014