The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

You could do that. I'm much more organic. I start from the inside and work my way out. What I mean by this is that I'm much more number line centric.

#9111     Sep 11, 2014
  2. Mark made such a big deal about the significance of the OR as a possible High/Low area of the day. I think the more important issue is the frequency that a market makes its H/L within x% of a certain volatility threshold of the OR. In currencies and index futures I am "seeing" that my A levels have a strong tendency to contain price, one way or the other. I am no quant, but I would love to see long term data describing the markets tendency to make a low or high with say 20% of a 20 day ATR off a given OR. To me, that is one major benefit of the method. I am catching and seeing too many reversals lately not to think this has merit.

#9112     Sep 11, 2014
    logicaltrader likes this.
  3. himself

himself

What do you mean by this?
    Thanks.

#9113     Sep 11, 2014
  4. What a day in crude oil! Picture perfect failed WADn to start off and then 2 things I haven't seen in a while - 350K+ contracts on the day and a C Up. The later it got during the session, the better it felt today knowing what was coming. Nothing but ACD could give that confidence.

I feel like a little kid today. A kid that knows he has an endless supply of candies now :).

ACD Rules!!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    #9114     Sep 11, 2014
  5. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

A few days into emerging market equities and currencies correcting/leaving these countries.
    India,brazil,vietnam,thai,malaysia,singapore etc...
    In conjuction with treasury yeilds rising this could mean something. Currency land is important isnt it.
    Thanks.

#9115     Sep 11, 2014
  6. I agree. I would say that in addition to H/L of the day, the % of times the A levels are the H/L of any ACD session is remarkable. I haven't run the stats either but I have also "seen" the same thing in commodities and index futures.

#9116     Sep 11, 2014
  7. #9117     Sep 12, 2014
  8. Hello fellow ACD HomeGamer ETF and Mutual Fund shape shifters.

I provide the attached to a few family members and friends (truly the blind attempting to lead the blind). They now follow Mav’s posts and they've been requesting more of Mav’s insight on number lines (they will of course confirm that I refuse to give them my copy of Mav’s underground ebook or provide my A levels. It’s all here for them to get with proper homework :) ). So, I have added some of my favorite Mav quotes at the bottom of the document. Hope you find it helpful.

Under Broad Market:

The S&P Small Cap Index (IJR)-pulled back near the monthly A Down and has been on a 30 Day Rolling confirmed since 8/29/14.

Under Growth and Value:

S&P Mid Cap Growth (IJK)-pulled back near the monthly A Down; on a 30 Day Rolling confirmed since 9/2. 5 Day Rolling and Monthly Reset have also been strong.

S&P Small Cap Growth (IJT)-pulled back near the monthly A Down; on a 30 Day Rolling confirmed since 8/29.

S&P 500 Value (IVE)-pulled back near Monthly A Down; been on 30 Day Rolling confirmed since 8/29. 5 Day and Monthly Reset very weak.

S&P Small Cap Value (IJS)-pulled back to Monthly A Down; been on 30 Day Rolling confirmed since 9/2.

Under Sectors:

Both Banks (KBE) and Regional Banks (KRE) have worked off some pretty strong 30 Day Rolling negative numbers and have gone positive. The 5 day and Monthly Resets are strong too. They are both up flirting with Monthly A ups.

Health Care (XLV)-52 week high on 9/10; been on 30 day confirmed since 8/29.

Consumer Staples (XLP) is working off negative numbers in the 30 day. Still negative confirmed as is three others sectors.

Technology (XLK)-fell off 30 Day Rolling confirmed on 9/10. Had been confirmed since 5/9/14 and was up 11.51%.

Under Bonds:

The 7-10 year (IEF) had a Monthly A Down on 9/9 and the Monthly Reset confirmed. One more day of -9 or less and it’s 30 day confirmed negative. The number falling of tomorrow is a +2.

The 20+ year (TLT) had a Monthly A Down on 9/11 and the Monthly Reset confirmed.

High Yield (HYG)-Monthly A down on 9/8 and Monthly Reset confirmed.

Go Seahawks!

Mariners’ will of course break our heart in the end, again.

#9118     Sep 14, 2014
  9. Results expected about 02:00 Eastern on Friday. I think cable will move whichever the result.

#9120     Sep 15, 2014