The 95% consensus is now just 43%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WeToddDid2, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Or one could look at the literature being published in peer reviewed journals. Somewhere around 0.1% of it is from a position of denial of AGW.

There are virtually NO respected publishing climatologists that reject the basics of man made global warming.

The reason for the consensus is simple. CO2 is a greenhouse gas, levels of it are 40% higher, and temps are rapidly rising with no other explanation.

The only doubters left are moron, science-denying righties. And piezoe.

#11     Jul 30, 2015
  2. wildchild

wildchild

No I dont see a problem. Are you familiar with statistics and a 95% confidence level?

#12     Jul 30, 2015
    gwb-trading likes this.
  3. When it gets to the 30% positively sure level then GW will be right in there with belief in Bigfoot and paranormal stuff.

I am more of a scientist than most scientists because of one thing about my personality; I can change my opinion if new information is found. Most scientists are NOT AT ALL like that. It's hard for the rest of us to comprehend but there are way too many people that are incapable of "being wrong". They are drawn to medicine, the law and science and they wreak havoc on society, they really do. Generations of them have to die off before ideas can change.

#13     Jul 30, 2015
    loyek590 likes this.
  4. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

The problem is your definition of "respected publishing climatologists". The only climatologists that you respect are the ones that do not reject your ideology.

#14     Jul 30, 2015

5. Wrong. Tell you what. Leave out respected. Same thing. The number of publishing climatologists that reject AGW is vanishingly small. Certainly less than one percent.

#15     Jul 30, 2015
  6. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Okay; please prove that a climatologist can get government funding if they publish and it disagrees with AGW.

#16     Jul 30, 2015
  7. jem

jem

and somewhere around .1% or less find that man made co2 is causing warming.

and you know damn well that true because you and then nitro could not produce even 1 let alone 100. where as we linked to 1350 papers showing the sun and the tides and other non co2 factors were causing some or all of the warming.

so being that the skeptics have 1350 peer reviewed papers and you have produced virtually zero... (I know of 1) you are at the .1% level or lower.

#17     Jul 31, 2015
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Trillions of dollars getting siphoned out of economies yearly to fight a problem scientistists are not even sure exists, meanwhile the "Donald Trumps" of the indurstry, who are willing to light their hair on fire with doom and gloom predictions, get all of the media coverage, yeah i see the problem.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    #18     Jul 31, 2015
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Letting the "trillions" part slide, where does the money go, offworld?

#19     Jul 31, 2015
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Yes the money mostly goes up in smoke, literally pissing it away, when the technology isnt there yet, see Al Gore/Solyndra execs net worth.

#20     Jul 31, 2015