Suicide And Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Q3D, Jan 22, 2016.

1. if you have been through it all that means is you have tried it like I did a few times. If you can't even succeed at suicide how do you expect to succeed at trading which you would think should be much harder. I've tried suicide and I've tried trading and suicide is definately harder. If you have suicidal tendencies, I would advise you first try your hand at trading.

#31     Jan 22, 2016
  2. Q3D

Q3D

Bullshit, if you ever knew someone who killed themself you would know it's like hitting the off button, it's easy for whoever actually does it, once they follow through with it. It's unbelievably hard for those who are left behind.

#32     Jan 22, 2016
    comagnum likes this.
  3. nursebee

nursebee

THIS SHIT IS GETTING CREEPY

#33     Jan 22, 2016
    Redneck likes this.
  4. Nursebee, that was your 777'th post....you're #Lucky...you should bet big on your next play. :p

#34     Jan 22, 2016
  5. Ummmmmmm

#35     Jan 22, 2016
    Redneck likes this.
  6. whatever, if you are thinking about doing it the very best way is plain old dehydration. You simply quit eating or drinking. Gives you plenty of time to get things ready for your heirs or to change your mind and doesn't leave a mess for anybody else to clean up and it is totally painless (which after all is what it is you are trying to escape.)

#36     Jan 23, 2016
  7. A lot depends on your personality. I know a case of a friend who wanted to kill himself. He had (still has!) a wife and three children.
    He spoke with me and I asked him: what will happen with your wife and children when you are dead?
    I also told him about difficult times in my life and what I did do.
    He decided not to kill himself but to fight back. He realized that killing himself would ruin the life of his whole family. When he looks back now at that period he says: why on earth did I want to kill myself? Nothing on earth is terrible enough to kill yourself. It is a temporary state of mind that you should try to get thru so that you can see things correctly again.

#37     Jan 23, 2016
  8. I agree. It's kind of like math. People want to get out of the market at the very bottom. I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life. But at the very bottom I just wanted out.

Like everything I do my suicide attempts were pretty comical. I'll spare you the whole story but it involved a very dull Chicago Cutlery chefs knife and old limed up water heater that couldn't even heat up a bathtub of water and an old leaky garage that you could spend the whole night in with the jeep running and drinking beer and passing out and waking up 12 hours later with nothing on your mind than getting a breath of fresh air. So since I failed at that I just withdrew two years of travelling money from my trading account and put all the rest on a suicidal trade. That's why I say for some of us, trading is the only thing that keeps us alive.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    #38     Jan 23, 2016
  9. cjbuckley4

cjbuckley4

I would feel a lot better if this thread culminated in certain participants committing to seeking help.

#39     Jan 23, 2016
  10. zdreg

zdreg

true, but there are certain types of perhaps unhealthy minded people who do very well trading.

#40     Jan 23, 2016