Stop paying credit cards. Give yourself a bailout!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Mar 26, 2009.

1. "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." --Mark Twain

#671     Oct 16, 2010
  2. After 811 days after giving myself a bail out and 243 days of last post. How are things going??

Obviously my credit is garbage.

After finishing my MBA in Dec 2009 I am now half way completing accounting courses to sit for the CPA. No problem in getting education funds.

I have purchased 2 cars at just 9% for me and my wife.

Car insurance plummeted from 300 to 180 (MIAMI rates) after our wedding and house purchase.

Collection calls have stopped.

Its now more than 2 years after my default and I can't complain.

:D :D

#672     Jun 15, 2011
  3. Jueco-

What's the best way to get collection callers to stop calling (I have no debt, but don't like most banks and collection agencies)?

Was the whole thing easier than u thought? What were the pleasant surprises, and the worst scares along the way?

#673     Jun 15, 2011
  4. Bob111

Bob111

just block the number. most of current regular wireless home phones will display the number(if you have called Id off course) and then typically you have an option to save the number and block it

#674     Jun 15, 2011
  5. Answer, be polite, helpful, sweet & just tell them you got that number recently that you are somebody else. :D :D

#675     Jun 15, 2011
  6. You must be joking!! Theoretically somebody could spend mercilessly on a card then just not pay??

I guess for banks $12k is chump change.

#676     Jun 15, 2011
  7. Correction my friend. I did not spend them recklessly. They were about 90% used when unfortunately I lost my house and CC companies raised together the interest rate from an average of 10 to 12 % to 29.99%.

From 200 monthly payments I found my self paying close to 500.

THEN I GAVE MYSELF A NICE BAILOUT.

#677     Jun 15, 2011
  8. You won't get hired in the financial field with bad credit. Your CPA may also be in jeopardy. I wouldn't laugh so loud just yet

They all check now.

Good luck!

#678     Jun 15, 2011

9. employment background checks include running your credit report. good luck getting a white-collar job.

#679     Jun 15, 2011
  10. Certainly not a CPA. They will flag this guy right after he takes the test after he pays the $$. His only hope is starting his own biz that doesn't require a loan and far from finance.

#680     Jun 15, 2011