Sterling API Developer Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mnx, Apr 25, 2008.

1. zbojnik

zbojnik

#271     Oct 17, 2012
  2. No you cannot. I know it in the API manual is does have a field for the depth of the book data... But is doesn't work

#272     Oct 17, 2012
  3. As much as I hate COM and their API, I've had a great deal of success with Sterling. The COM aspect was probably bad years ago, but with C++/CLI and .NET languages, the auto-generated wrappers make the platform tolerable.

Except for maybe Anvil, I think Sterling has the most usable front end.

#273     Oct 17, 2012
  4. zbojnik

zbojnik

Do you have to have a program like Sterling to get the data? If you paying for the data there should be a way to have access to it without a platform. Is the solution FIX protocol?

#274     Oct 17, 2012
    #275     Oct 30, 2012
  6. zbojnik

zbojnik

Anyone know what this code is for?: string GetBookInfo(string bstrSymbol, string bstrBook)

#276     Nov 12, 2012
  7. guest2

guest2

#277     Jun 28, 2013
  8. Hello,

i would like to kindly revive this topic so that I can pick your brains about how to connect to the sterling trader via a program developed in c#. I know that it says that the c# is inferior to VB, but that's because ST has made it's platform not in an efficient way and oriented to archaic programming languages, but that doesn't mater. From what I've red it should support .NET 4.0, and i would like to try it with 4.50 or 4.51, if it will work, otherwise i'll choose .NET 4.0 from visual studio (if possible).

Would some kind soul help me out how to connect to the portal? I'm fairly new to programming in c# but I have a moderate understanding how to manipulate and check the variables that I can get from Sterling Trader.

From the .net c# examples I didn't see any program that actually connects to the program, so if anybody can spare some time to paste a code how to connect I would be eternally grateful. Thanks guys.

#278     Nov 20, 2013
  9. guest2

guest2

If u want I can share with u source of my program. Here is clip how it works: http://46.148.89.197/MarketCalendar/ && exe. Code is little bit dirty and without comments but u should understand. I do not put try{}catch{} blocks in right places so there is a possibility that program will threw exceptions closing itself and Sterling

Remember that you must run Visual Studio(and compiled exe) as Administrator if you want to connect to Sterling.

PM me.

#279     Nov 20, 2013
  10. Sure. Just PM you. Thanks for your offer to help.

#280     Nov 21, 2013