Sterling API Developer Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mnx, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Please ask them : why no support for dot-net 4.0 ?

#251     May 1, 2012
  2. Their C# example code does support net frame work 4.

#252     May 1, 2012
  3. If they are so "excellent", it would be trivial to rewrite it.
    Plus, this is the first time I've ever heard of a new release being held-up due to the sample code.

#253     May 2, 2012
  4. rkprogram

rkprogram

Hello,

I'm having the same error: 'is not a valid win32 application' using it with excel (vba). Anyone has solved this issue?

#254     May 2, 2012
  5. I mean their C# example code shows that they do support net framework 4.

#255     May 3, 2012
  6. Hi, i just started programming on the Sterling Trader API, and i'm have some trouble cancelling an order (i'm using c#).
    Could someone please help me with a simple example of how to cancel an order? Thank you.

#256     May 11, 2012
  7. quantics

quantics

Guys,

Im looking for an experienced Sterling API coder who could copy a strategy I have working in MT4.

I would like the application to be written in C for running on multiple ECN's via Sterling.

This is a working profitable strategy.

Please PM if interested.

#257     May 12, 2012
  8. private SterlingLib.STIOrderMaint stOrdMaint=new SterlingLib.STIOrderMaint();

private CancelSterlingOrder(string ClOrderId){
    this.stOrdMaint.CancelOrder("MY_ACCOUNT", 0, ClOrderId, ClOrderId+"_Canceled");
    }

Note: The "ClOrderId" is the ClOrderId of the order you want to cancel. This ID is assigned by yourself when it is sent to Sterling API. It must be unique in multiple days .

If you want to test the code with your demo account, you must know:

All orders on demo account will be filled immediately no matter how much the order price is. So basically you will not have the chance to cancel them. But they do provide some test symbols for your debugging, so you can place an order on MSFT and cancel it:

AAPL: Partial Fill (Half)
    CIEN: Stays in Sending Mode (New or Replace)
    CP: Stays in Cancel Pending mode - does not fill
    EK: Partial Fill (Half)
    GE: Rejected Order
    GOOG: Partial Fill (one-tenth)
    JNJ: Does not fill
    KO: Too Late To Cancel
    MSFT: Does not fill
    T: Does not fill

#258     May 14, 2012
  9. Did anyone read the Active X pdf from sterling. They recommend using only VB6.0 over .NET languages due to inefficiencies. There is no way around it until they update their API. Quotes per sec will always be slower than VB6.0 regardless of language. You just have to run VB6.0 in a windows XP virtual environment.

"Sterling allows for the development in languages other than VB 6.0. This however does come with some setbacks.
    For example development in .net based languages will cause a delay in data transmission due to the inefficiencies in
    communicating between .net and the ActiveX events. We have dealt with this inefficiency by adding the XML
    functions to our API. They allow you to receive events more quickly. In addition to .net problems may users will
    have problems while trying to integrate with C++ or JAVA. We recommend steering clear from C++ and JAVA if
    at all possible. We have found that in VS 2010 you must open VS by right clicking the program and then selecting
    Run as administrator, once this is done you will be able to open your project. You also need to make sure that your
    project is compiled using .net 3.5 or earlier. We are not currently compatible with 4.0. We have implemented a
    solution for the XP 64 bit crashes while using API."

#259     May 19, 2012
  10. Correct me if im wrong but it will work with NET 4.0 with the newest Sterling Vesion 7.5

#260     May 20, 2012