starting mastermind group for those building system (python)

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by algo_fool, Jan 7, 2016.

1. J_Smith

J_Smith

Point taken - of course anything can be automated correctly with the right code, done the right way, but if you go down that route with information that is not widely known, you run the risk of others obtaining the information, unless of course you do it yourself and keep it to yourself.

I have never seen a HFT algo posted on a website, even though everyone talks about them - too much money involved so they will never be freely available to the public.

The other option, which I like, is to have the best order entry setup to assist you with getting in and out of trades, and not lose money due to a silly thing like not having a special button to buy one ES and sell one NQ at the same time, with an offset in ticks on the bid or ask.

I do use the configurable buttons on TWS booktrader and charttrader, but you are limited to what you can do, and how you can lay them out - which is very important to me.

Will check out tradingview and see what it is about?

J_S

#11     Jul 12, 2016
  2. jarjar

jarjar

Checkout tradingview.com the HTML5 Api, you need to register with them and sign a NDA or something to say your not gonna sell anything you make using their charts.

Then connecting IQFeed/TWS to those charts would be the next step.

So now you have streaming realtime charts. The tradingview charts are really powerful allowing you to do pairs trading, overlays, etc.

So this is all doable I think, and it would be an amazing GUI for trading, just the time to implement it == money to pay to developers. I think 1 on the frontend 1 on the back is enough, 2 devs.

About the algorithms. Sure their are brilliant of minds, with infinite possibilities. I think the market is just so open, if you focus on a stock /w options you like or a future you'l find something that wins. I'm sure.

#12     Jul 12, 2016
  3. J_Smith

J_Smith

Had a look at tradingview site - not what I am looking for at all.

TWS has everything one needs - except a good order entry screen that can be fully customized.

J_S

Screen Shot 07-13-16 at 12.35 AM.PNG

#13     Jul 12, 2016
  4. jarjar

jarjar

tradingview is purely for the charts. Everything else youl have to do yourself. There is no sane way to pull out the TWS GUI parts from their Java app, its all obfuscated, and java by its nature is naturally obfuscated from simply writing in java ;). So obfuscation ^ 2. That complex view you've show can be easily done. The most time consuming part is the stock chart itself + the indicators + drawing them + overlays + pairs/triples/etc + etc

#14     Jul 12, 2016