SpreadProfessor Clients - Thanks !

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by bone, Sep 19, 2014.

1. I agree that only an idiot would expect a guarantee of profitability. But it seems like a lot of posters here think that only an idiot would expect a vendor to be completely forthright about the effectiveness of his products. Caveat emptor I guess.

#391     Nov 18, 2014
  2. I think here is where we diverge a bit. You see his edits as nefarious when I see them as responding to the demands of the marketplace. He has shown that he is capable of listening to his customers and being objective.

The language may be hype, but, again, I can personally attest to fading large moves in flies and condors (on tightly coupled curves) in addition to watching low-volatility, slow-moving spreads. I am unfamiliar with the PJM post (link?), but having traded OTC PJM and Ercot, I can also attest to arbitrage possibilities between the OTC markets and the ICE screen.

By definition, misrepresentation is fraud. I have seen no evidence that bone wittingly or otherwise misrepresented his teachings or methods. You can have the volatility of VIX calendar spreads or you can stick to the low vol environment of long-dated WTI flies and condors - it's up to the trader and their risk tolerance. Both of which, bone has described.

The nature of spreads is such that bone was accurate in his descriptions in terms of the scope available for product volatility, risk, and potential return.

#392     Nov 18, 2014
  3. That is right. It is in this thread.

#393     Nov 18, 2014
    Jimmy Ray likes this.
  4. Can you execute the arbitrage using TT?

#394     Nov 18, 2014
  5. Not to my knowledge. PJM trades OTC via ICE and CME Clearport or electronically on ICE's trading screen.

#395     Nov 18, 2014
  6. bone

bone

You can trade the ICE OTC financially cleared US power products using TT. Been that way for quite a while now with TT and financial power, but you have to be specially configured for the ICE gateway and it takes some serious margin allowance (capital) for the ICE exchange and your clearing firm to permit it.

https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/support/advisories/2011/12/epn068-11/

https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/support/advisories/2014/09/ca049-14/

TT also provides some guidance for setting up the AutoSpreader or SpreadMatrix for the Heat Rate Spread:

https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/help/ice-gateway/trading-ice-heat-rate-spreads/

#396     Nov 19, 2014

7. Many thanks for the links bone, very kind!

I noticed that you didn't answer all of my last question. As a prospective client, I'm trying to get my head around a few issues.

Did you ever manage to verify the accounting irregularities with regard to the trading statement that is on your client website? Why were these removed from an earlier ET thread?

Thanks in advanced.

FMS

#397     Nov 20, 2014
    Jimmy Ray likes this.
  8. bone

bone

There are no accounting irregularities, and the detractors could not and did not reply to Baron's simple request to make arrangements to have a third party knowledgeable about US registered US futures prop firm FCM statements offer to Baron an opinion otherwise. And that has not happened. Please direct your questions about thread material to Baron, as he is the only person who has the ability to delete material from threads. Feel free to ask him to post publicly if you'd like.

#398     Nov 20, 2014
  9. trendo

trendo

Bone,
    What percentage return did you make as an independent trader last year?

#399     Nov 20, 2014
    Jimmy Ray and riskreward like this.
  10. spd

spd

7500 for an agreed upon fixed term, and you can get the guy one on one whenever you want to work on something with him really doesn't seem like a terrible deal. He is selling education, not monthly chatroom subscriptions and "proprietary indicator" settings.

#400     Nov 22, 2014