Spoofing becoming illegal

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraDaToR, Dec 6, 2012.

1. tommo

tommo

Yeah they are still in there, they aren't as obvious as they used to be and are a far smaller part of my trading arsenal. But last week there was a lot of spoofing in the Bund

#191     Nov 9, 2015
  2. londonkid

londonkid

thanks. I will check the Bund DOM out.

#192     Nov 9, 2015
  3. Best to write a piece of code that monitors the DOM and logs all large orders.
    In that manner, you can completely quantify the spoofing activity.

#193     Nov 9, 2015
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Which is? How much?

#194     Nov 10, 2015
  5. This could be done using the Interactive Broker's API. There are tons of programmers out there with experience in this API.

#195     Nov 10, 2015
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Is there no anti spoofing law in Germany or are these bund spoofers completely retarded?

#197     Nov 10, 2015
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

This is pretty stupid. So let's say I put in orders half of the size of Corsica's biggest orders - then would my spoofing technique be okay. No? A quarter of the size? No? An eight of the size? No? A sixteenth of the size? ...

If they are so concerned about spoofing, why don't they just require orders to stay active in the book for a few seconds. Then you enforce no spoofing by the exchange rules themselves. But no, let's waste time trying to figure out "intent" of all live orders and also waste taxpayer money to take people to court. What a joke. All because the HFTs have the regulators in their back pockets.

#198     Nov 10, 2015
    d08 likes this.
  9. tommo

tommo

Most spoof orders are in the market for a few seconds at a time they need to be there long enough to look real. The fact is, if the markets allowed spoofers eventually they would be so many people spotting them and profiting from them they would become unprofitable. The only regulation that works is competition and the risk of losses.

#199     Nov 10, 2015
  10. Banjo

Banjo