Spoofing becoming illegal

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraDaToR, Dec 6, 2012.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

4. tommo

tommo

The only ppl that fall for spoofers tricks are front running Algos. Who are part of the same crowd as the spoofers. All order book games which makes no real difference to where the market ultimately goes. Just let them get on with it.

If ppl think banning spoofers will make all orders 'real' and we can just front run size they are going to be very disappointed.

#174     Nov 6, 2015
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

If you put in an order into the book, how is that not an indication that you want to be filled? I mean you could be filled, it's not like there is no risk in spoofing. If spoofers are jailed than HFT creators need to be jailed too.

#175     Nov 6, 2015
    tommo likes this.
  6. tommo

tommo

Sprstpd .... Exactly right.

Amazing how most of the experienced traders that actually are in the markets day in day out surviving and profiting don't actually have an issue.

#176     Nov 6, 2015
    Ghost_of_Blotto likes this.
  7. Omigosh are you so wrong.
    1) spoofing via algo is very low risk
    2) HFT is not illegal...and it's not the same as spoofing

BTW: The CME Group requires all members to sign an agreement that they will not spoof in their markets.

#177     Nov 6, 2015
  8. tommo

tommo

I disagree. I have watched and traded off the back of spoofers for years and I have seen them get hit plenty of times. And the market knows when they get caught and squeezes them.

I also know (personally) a few guys that used to manually spoof the market on TT and they made a lot of money, but would get collected on their "fake" bids plenty of times

#178     Nov 6, 2015
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

How can it be low risk? The orders are active. They can be hit.

If HFTs are so stupid that they cannot identify spoofers, then they deserve to die.

#179     Nov 6, 2015
    tommo likes this.
  10. I said ALGO spoofing. Manual spoofing is nuts. With ALGO spoofing, it's already "tuned" via logic and algorithms to avoid the hits.

#180     Nov 6, 2015