"spirituality" videos - Part II

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smallStops, May 1, 2013.

1. :)
    I have been lately very active on doing the "psychology of money" exercises.
    So I am actually checking how well it works.

Thank you for asking.
    :):):)

#1411     Jun 12, 2014
  2. zdreg

zdreg

l

let me help you, small...

this is aclassic joke about the immigrant who got off the boat in NY: "With no language and no contacts, he went looking for a menial job at the local Lower East Side synagogue. He applied to be the shamash (sexton) of the synagogue. Following a positive interview, he was given a contract to sign. Instead of signing his name he placed an X on the dotted line. "No, that will not do," said the employer, "we need you to sign the contract with your full name." "I can't," the greenhorn immigrant blurted out, "I don't how to write." "Well, in that case, I am sorry but we cannot hire you. The job requires someone who can write in English."

Dejected, he left and went off searching for opportunities. Resourceful as he was, with a pinch of desperation, he eked out a livelihood. Over the years, with diligence, ingenuity and persistence he climbed the ladder and ultimately became a very prosperous man. He became known in town for his enormous wealth, and was greatly respected by his peers and above all, by the banks that readily issued him the loans he requested.

One day, a new bank manager was going over this fellow's latest loan application, and notices that instead of a signature there is an X at the bottom. The manager calls him up and says, "My dear sir, you forgot to sign the application." "I did sign it, with an X," he replied. She was bewildered. "Why do you sign with an X and not with your name, if I may ask?" "Well," he sheepishly replied, "I never learned how to sign my name." The bank manager smiled and remarked: "Now listen here. You made so much money without knowing the language. Just imagine how much more successful you would have become had you received an education and learned to sign your name."

"Madam," the gentleman calmly said, "if I knew how to sign my name I would have become the shamash in the local synagogue."

lots of luck, small...

#1412     Jun 13, 2014
  3. Hi zdreg :)

I actually have to THANK YOU.
    yes, you read well : I am saying THANK YOU.
    Without people like you, I would have :
    - rested on my past "laurels"
    - not travelled so extensively! lol.
    - not tried so many things!
    - not realised how much greater than I think I am
    - not realised so many good things
    - not discovered things in trading
    - obviously not discovered www.dhamma.org and Malaysia :D
    So just now : THANK YOU.
    Good luck to you too.

#1413     Jun 15, 2014
  4. Now preparing for my THIRD ( :D ) 10-day vipassana session. Obviously, as the "mentally unbalanced" individuals felt very comfortable going to www.dhamma.org to send in stalkers and start a campain of slandering there as well, I am going to a new center ( fully checked as I do not want to fall into a "sect" trap). :D

Now, I really wonder what will come out of it. The second one was the session that really got out the biggest psychological hurdles dealt with.
    My task now is to write my list of possible psychological themes I might be facing there. And so far, these look like small stuff. So ,may be the two previous sessions and the psys really dealt with the main issues. But, as I prefer to follow all the coaching advice, I will do as many sessions as needed.

I am actually really much looking forward to also check all these psychology of money exercises on the test trading account. :D .

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x1KVXEvZIi8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It is really fun doing all the coach exercises and the psychology work.
    I wish I had done all this work ages ago.

#1414     Jun 15, 2014
  5. yes!
    birthdays are indeed worth celebrating :D

#1415     Jun 16, 2014
  6. And yes, I am reading the clauses for this series of presentations ( 20 cities in 4 months!!!!). That's some exposure...

#1416     Jun 16, 2014
  7. these people here know about abundance :
    free drinks
    free internet
    extra wide screens for the cup matches.
    lol.

#1417     Jun 16, 2014
  8. Continuing the "psychology of money" exercises.
    And really looking forward to resuming trading. Just to finish the trading month in beauty. :D

It was funny during the exercises, that

- I actually discussed with one of the "owners" and asked them if it was OK for me to make money there. Really interesting conversation " well, your staff are really nice and I 'd feel bad to clean up your business, so just tell me the truth and I'll go and clean up to the businesses who have 'jerky' staff". LOL.

- It was very interesting to read "maximum payout is 1.5 million / day! ". LOL
    This is really a place of contradiction. But then, I can not help thinking that so many people have not had the chance to clean up their psychology and work on their psychology of money. Money is there for all. No need to fight for it : it is there.

- It was as if I had to get a clear authorization from the owner that winning there was fine. till they explained in the vip room that " please don't show to others how you win. That would be bad for our business". LOL.
    Here I guess we need to look for these thoughts of needing "authorization" to win.

- I realize that I traded too often looking for the rush of adrenaline that huge gains brought.
    It was interesting during the exercise to be adding small amounts in a very consistent way. But man, after 6 hours, I was feeling really tired, bored to tears and I could not help thinking that "ok that is consistent money, but man, how taxing it is from excitement/boredom point of view". So this is one psychological aspect to work on :
    my hyper-active mindset.

- The exercise also highlighted to me the benefits of being extremely zen till THE high probability outcome came in. But man, there again, it was painful on the psychological side. Sometimes, I just wanted to jump in just before, and I had to hold myself. It was interesting to see then entering too early leads to problems.

- I like that the exercises really showed aspects of the money management I never really thought about.

- Obviously, I want now to work better on the "art of a small loss", or the "art of losing small". I love winning, I am fine losing small.

- But the huge change, was the result at the end. Reaching the exercise target. I had to stop only due to mental and physical tiredness, but I felt happy and content with what I did.

Quiet a few things to improve.
    Just now I want to finish my June trading in beauty. And I will do what it takes :
    just want to get the good results. I don't mind if I have to be super bored. There are worse activities
    and I am realising how lucky I am to be on the trading path. I also realise how lucky I am to have "paid my
    dues" in trading, so I am no longer interested in looking for adrenaline rush, huge wins, yo-yo performances,
    and taking huge risks. Obviously these exercises got me to change my perspectives.

I am also kind of now know what lifestyle I am going to go for, at least till the coaching is fully done.

#1418     Jun 17, 2014
  9. <iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WcWQfpPLbTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am really feeling good as I now develop :
    - calmness
    - quietness
    - love of silence

I am actually now starting to feel the effects of the psychology and www.dhamma.org :
    a deep sense of calmness and focus. :)

I also like that in few months time, I will be starting to be at quiet a lot of events - catch up with friends and acquaintances and find out what they have done all this time. :)

#1419     Jun 18, 2014
  10. I simply can not help feeling how admirable the Chinese are here : a real assets to this country. I think Malays can be thankful to have these very mentally well balanced group of people. Really admirable people. :)

#1420     Jun 18, 2014