Some ways to define a Trend.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by dartmus, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Just highlighting it's a trend method, which actually works and it's easy as easy!!

#111     Jan 4, 2015
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Trend is easily defined by price. Look back 23 periods on any chart. If closing price is higher now, then prices are trending up. If closing price is lower, then prices are trending down. Then use charts one and/or two timeframes lower to initiate trades. Thus you are trading on the lower timeframe charts based upon the trend of the higher timeframe. I am not worried about giving this info out. Most of you won't use it.

#112     Jan 8, 2015
  3. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    Amen;
    50 day moving average+ price/50days, 200 day moving average/price are good measures IBD[Investors Business Daily uses for many years, me 2 .

Not a prediction;
    wisdom is profitable to direct

#113     Jan 20, 2015
  4. Scaleout.Scalper

Scaleout.Scalper Guest

Do the same thing in many timeframes, say hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and you might get uptrends and downtrends in the very same instrument rendering this whole "trend is easy to define" theory as worthless.

#114     Jan 20, 2015
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Trend is easy to define in each TF, but to me there is no point using multiple time frames, they'll all say different things and confuse you.

How long the trend lasts, where to exit is impossible to predict, just got to hope for enough profit to make you happy.

#115     Jan 20, 2015
    kut2k2 likes this.
  6. Scaleout.Scalper

Scaleout.Scalper Guest

Disrespectfully disagree :D

#116     Jan 20, 2015
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

Found at another trading website:

" It reminds me when my father calls me on the trading floor and asks "What is the market doing?". How do I answer that. The last tick is up but it has been falling like a rock for the last hour. It is still up from yesterday's close but roughly unchanged from a week ago. Up about 10% from a year ago. I mean at every horizon there is a different answer, isn't there? Frustrating."

LOL

#117     Jan 21, 2015
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Correct.

The issue is finding a safe place to join the trend which isnt going to hit your SL in 30seconds, well with M1

#118     Jan 21, 2015
  9. It is clear that many posters are still trying to find the trend.
    But what is already positive is the fact that they know trend is important.
    But the next step is one of the most difficult parts of trading: finding a reliable trend showing system.

#119     Jan 21, 2015
    Turveyd likes this.
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

A trader has to pick the timeframe that is best for him/her and accept the fact that their favorite instrument won't always be trending in that timeframe, or in any other particular timeframe. So it makes sense to keep tabs on more than one instrument and to switch when necessary.

#120     Jan 21, 2015