So say you do find a Holy Grail Method...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Smart Money, Aug 2, 2013.

1. igotcash

igotcash Guest

holy grail = millions to retire. then who cares if your grail fails..

so you should have been buying every day for years....and ready to retire soon.

or buy 10,000 shares in one company and make bank.

or have bought 1,000 contracts of gold years ago...

sell, take your millions, and then live life. grind is a waste.

#21     Aug 5, 2013
  2. Live like a bum and compound that 4% per month for however long you need to. Actions speak louder than words, what other people think of you doesn't do anything for your P&L.

#22     Aug 5, 2013
  3. MillieJ

MillieJ

My holy grail is zulutrade - 2 years almost closing up following traders - results are more than amazing about 30% roi with losses. The good part that there is way to protect my account from abnormal losses which is what averages mostly the trades I receive

#23     Aug 27, 2013
  4. Traders will always amaze me. :)

#24     Aug 27, 2013
  5. holy grail is temporal, can't always extract at any given moment in the markets, just take a look at the basic chart of any security or derivative, price is profitable to someone when its either moving up or down, and profitable to option sellers when price moves sideways.

the degree of variation over timescale gives you its profit potential. Or lack of variation for option sellers.

#25     Aug 27, 2013
  6. maxpi

maxpi

if I had the HG I'd be building a security bunker complex with booby traps to protect it probably...

#26     Aug 27, 2013
  7. drcha

drcha

SmartMoney,

You have expressed the loneliness of trading very well. I share your feelings and experiences.

#27     Aug 27, 2013
  8. If you wish to solve your problem, consider all the people who feel the way you do. These people would galdly get together with you to hear from you and vice versa.

Our group got so large that we divided the city into portions and had sub groups.

Another aspect about it was that people flew in from various places in the US.

So my suggestion to you is to join a group that has already solved your problem.

Here is an example of a nation bunch of groups. It is called IBD MeetUp.

MeetUP serves all kinds of groups. IBD MeetUp serves traders in various cities who are partial to the ways and information that relates to the IBD publishing and services industry.

If you can't handle the skill level of people in the IBD world, then choose a group like an investment club.

Since a lot of collective 2 programming is done by staffers who live in our town, It is nice to have someone like that who knows the ropes of converting a successful system into a system that can be used by others.

Probably the platform you use has periodic meetings for training. Go to a meeting to learn about your platform. Surprise, you will meet people who have the same story to tell that you do.

Also in modern times people do a thing called networking. One of its features is that you can avoid people that you do not wish to engage with. we have periodic meetings. 700 people asked to come and we winnow it down to 70. This makes it nicer for the 70.

You may be looking for someone to listen to you. There are many listening posts in towns. Here in the West we call them watering holes.

Over time I have listened to a lot of people who have found the Holy Grail; it is fun to listen to them.

#28     Aug 29, 2013
  9. peleus

peleus

If I found an HG, I would keep it to myself and not share it online. I'll hold on to it until it lasts. Sharing it online only makes its lifetime decreased. [​IMG]

#29     Oct 31, 2014
  10. Handle123

Handle123

Took me 34 years to develop a HG, been trading past 2 years, but it isn't like most think, it doesn't make large sums, takes out ticks, bout a trade an hour and works on most markets, I have it set to not trade many contracts and is automated, don't want anyone to figure it out. And it wasn't easy to develop, came as a fluke, like most things that are discovered in life, you work long hours and BAMM. I don't care if people believe or not, better they don't believe. I have made several almost HGs in last ten years, you eat, sleep and dream ways to not lose. I don't play golf, so....

But you don't have to develop a HG to make money trading, I luv the game, I luv back testing more than the actual trading. Trading to me is end product, detest waiting for signals. Frustrating to have a loss. Learn from your winning trades.

People ask what I do for a living, I tell them I am a "Buyer" for a company, number of products, they can understand that, people seldom want to admit it, but overall people not happy if you doing better than themselves. I tell them I am overworked and under loved, they can understand this. But they can't fathom you are controlling millions of dollars of money. Just easier for others to think you struggling through life like they are.

#30     Oct 31, 2014
    fortydraws, FCXoptions and Zr1Trader like this.