So say you do find a Holy Grail Method...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Smart Money, Aug 2, 2013.

1. TTornado

TTornado

What you can do is to share your trades. I do not want to make advertise here. Take a look a zulutrade tradency or whatever these websites are called. Other trades can invest money in you. If you are good, the attention will raise and more money will follow you. You earn money and reputation.

If it would be the holy grail, you will make a bunch of money and then you have you reputation in real life!

#11     Aug 2, 2013
  2. sheda

sheda

Wish you could downgrade posts to get rid of them, the emg virus infests every part of this site.

Anyone else got a market hater freind? I had one, I got rid of her because it was so bad. If you mentioned the word "work" she would get angry at you, oh and the rants about people who have nothing and appreciate everything they have, then there are people like you...and oh, it should just be banned. Was suprised I had such a loon in my ranks but then again she did have some moral sunstance, worked part time and lived with her parents.:D

#12     Aug 2, 2013
  3. emg

emg

Here is an interesting article for u

[​IMG]

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-28/business/fi-8124_1_compulsive-gambling/2

u have been a trader since 2004 or my guess way longer

[​IMG]

how many time have u reload your account or multiple accounts going thru the cycle below?

[​IMG]

i think u are suffering compulsive gambling eh eh? u are fantasizing
    found a holy grail system eh eh?

[​IMG]

in the end, u will lose and time to reload your account and continue to search for the "holy grail"

#13     Aug 2, 2013
  4. +1

#14     Aug 2, 2013
  5. I've never reloaded my account. I don't use a lot of leverage....I buy stocks and leveraged ETFs outright. I've had drawdowns, but I'm a swing trader and I've done pretty well from the start. I focused on trades that were virtually 50/50 chance of success to begin with, and then tried to improve my odds.

All that being said, I did futures for about a week and a half and quickly figured out it wasn't for me. In hindsight, I should have just did the opposite of my instincts, and I'd have made a fortune. :)

#15     Aug 2, 2013
  6. joederp

joederp

They just want to play XBox until you've already done all of the hard work and used your winnings to build a big house with a swimming pool and outdoor bar, then they come over and feign interest while using your new amenities :p

It is indeed frustrating to have success that you can't talk about amongst usual friends...depending on the age of your friends , there may be a 'trend' in socially-engineered attitude such that success and money is 'square' or lumped into the same pile as all of the crony-type wealth that the media assails every day.

If you've 'made it,' SM, major props to you. Picking yourself up by your own bootstraps is a rare quality nowadays, obviously, and you deserve praise for it.

#16     Aug 3, 2013
  7. Dude, you posted almost the exact same topic over 2 years ago and were given lots of advice, that's plenty of time to make some changes so why are you still obsessing over this issue of talking to people about trading?

#17     Aug 3, 2013
  8. Ever fall in love more than once? :)

Last time, it became moot because what I was doing suddenly stopped working. I think because I kept tweaking it. Last time I felt this way, the method I was using worked for about 2 weeks.

I've had limited successes since then, but nothing earth shattering.

This time I'm in it for a month and it's still working.

Because of my failure last time, I've tried to convince myself for weeks that what I'm doing will fail for weeks, but the feelings that "this could be real" are now too strong to ignore. One thing is for sure, no tweaking will occur. I want to think that this time is different because there is more discipline. I also have a better online broker, which affords me better tools to protect myself.

Edit: Here's a cropped view of my month. Note that I got my butt kicked by holding a short position overnight, which was super dumb considering that I was getting signals of the turn around, and the candle was low in the range (making it a bad bet). Live and learn.

[​IMG]

#18     Aug 4, 2013
  9. Holy Grail does exist.

just somebody thinks there is none.

buy low and sell high is the holy grail.

donot chase

do notlook at others' opinions

donot look at indicators (indicators always lie)

do not day trade

follow common sense is the holy grail

#19     Aug 5, 2013
  10. This is what we call a 'good problem'.

'My supermodel girlfriend wants to make love to me ten times every day, but I only have the physical stamina for 2 or 3 good daily shags, tops.' :D

#20     Aug 5, 2013