Skateboarding

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vinny1, Aug 23, 2010.

1. I'm here... planning on hitting up Lakeland or SPoT everyday for the next 6 days. there is somewhat of a hangover effect it play though.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    #111     Aug 5, 2014
  2. fan27

fan27

Cool! Where exactly are you staying?

fan27

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    #112     Aug 5, 2014
  3. the Best Western on Courtney Campbell CSWY.... the hotel has jet skis (?). I also want to go saltwater fishing but haven't booked a trip yet.

#113     Aug 6, 2014
  4. fan27

fan27

Sweet! There is Jet ski rental there or at one of the nearby motels. PM me your contact info you want to go check out a band or something Saturday night. I play in a band but have the night off.

#114     Aug 6, 2014
  5. sounds cool... I'll do that when I get back. The BW has jet skis and fishing boats. I'm going to charter a boat Saturday or Monday. If you want to go snook/red drum/trout fishing let me know.

Right now, I'm headed to Lakeland.

#115     Aug 6, 2014
  6. Hix80

Hix80

broke my wrist trying to do an ollie when I was twelve. Haven't tried since ...

#116     Aug 13, 2014
    TraDaToR likes this.
  7. I worry more about heat stroke than breaking a bone. In fact, I have never broken a bone in my life knock on wood. Heat stroke, however, is a palpable concern when at least 135 hours of the week are spent in the air conditioning mostly on my ass in some way. One needs to learn how to fall/ land.[​IMG] .

#117     Aug 16, 2014
  8. Is that you, unregistered, holding the board?? If so, maybe there's still hope for me to get back to the half pipe-- LOL !

#118     Aug 16, 2014
  9. no that is not me, and I am fairly sure he wasn't skating the pool. lol.

#119     Aug 16, 2014
  10. Hix80

Hix80

Well, maybe heatstroke is more of a concern, but its the memories of hearing my bones snap that will stay with me! And, if I'm honest, keep me wary my kids take to the idea of jumping on a skateboard.

A friend of my son's has recently be given one of these monsters:

[​IMG]

Fell off while going down some steps in the city. Not surprising. He put his back out, and his parents (unfortunate devils!) had to get him some memory mattresses from this shop Zen Bedrooms, because it was so painful for him even to lie down and try to sleep!

#120     Aug 21, 2014