Skateboarding

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vinny1, Aug 23, 2010.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Good ol' 360 flips... I learned them when I was sixteen and the day I got them, I stopped. I only try them when playing SKATE and never land one...Everybody knows it and put me a letter on it...LOL. I can do some flatground tricks that are supposed to be harder like switch bs flip, nollie back heels but I can't do a tre flip...Great you are still skating at 39, same age as JT above...

#91     Mar 10, 2014
  2. Thanks Tradator. It seems like there are more and more geezers like myself skating again.

#92     Apr 12, 2014
  3. for some

[​IMG]

the 80's vert dream

[​IMG]

never died

[​IMG]

#93     Jun 23, 2014
  4. Crispy

Crispy

The ONLY thing stopping me from blowing off the dust is fear of breaking my damn arm or wrist. Cant trade without my money hand!

first board - powell peralta mike mcgill in neon green. circa 1984 I think. Skated up till the early 90`s. Then took up surfing full time.

#94     Jun 25, 2014
  5. #95     Jun 25, 2014
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Never thought about this. That would be terrible indeed. I torn one finger one time and it still has a weird form after 3 years...LOL. I have a permanent "swellbow" on my right arm too.

#96     Jul 8, 2014
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Here is a skatepark in Italy I went to last week end ( with a bunch of other spots ). It was made solely out of unused marble pieces from sculptures:

I have been doing a lot of skate road trips in Europe in the last 2 years( Berlin, Barcelona, Bilbao, Milano, Brescia, Marseille, Switzerland...) and I have a skate spots album on Facebook. If you want to see it, send me a PM and I will add you to my friends...:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    #97     Jul 8, 2014
  8. I started back up in the spring of 2009. I wasn't one of those guys that skated a few times a year but basically quit; I hadn't skated at all in almost 2 decades.

When I started back, I figured I would skate until I got a serious or semi-serious injury. Hasn't happened yet. I did have an inward ankle sprain. That sucked for about 6 months. When it happened I thought for sure it was broken. It looked gnarly. I also once landed on my arm from 3/4 of the way up of the full pipe thing at Round Rock SP. Damn desert dust. I thought for sure that my arm was broken but, no, just swellbow.

I am living in an area with quite a few ex 80's vert pros. A lot of those dudes don't really skate anymore because they are concerned about losing their jobs if they break something. Quite a few are working in the construction industry. One guy, however, is about 50 still doing 540's and is doing some kind of computer work. I don't trade frequently enough to worry about a broken arm. I can't be fired because I don't really work with my hands and am co-owner.

Worrying about breaking bones is a real concern, though. I wonder how Nyjah lived through the Fade To Black handrail slam:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    #98     Jul 8, 2014
  9. fan27

fan27

I was a skate rat in the late 80's. Some of my friends in their mid 40's are still going strong. A friend of mine suggested I get back into it. I was like F no! In addition to being a software engineer, I am a semi-pro drummer. A broken arm could be a career killer! I stick to reminiscing about the glory days :)

fan27

#99     Jul 8, 2014
  10. I will be in Tampa August 5-11. I am bringing two boards and look to hit all the spots. If you change your mind, let me know. :)

#100     Jul 8, 2014