Since it's Sunday . . .

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dbphoenix, Sep 21, 2014.

1. loyek590

loyek590

man, you got that right, the whole "Old Testament" is nothing but jewish propaganda describing the victimhood of the Israelis inspiring them with miraculous stories of how they will succeed if they just persevere.

When I got divorced I picked up this catholic girlfriend, one of 9 children, and she always had this chip on her shoulder that somehow she was the victim of protestants who had 2.3 children because they always had newer bicycles and clothes.

The way I see it, 40% of the population is always that way. Have been since the beginning of time. No changing it. They are the ones who vote democrat no matter what. They like that "power to the people" slogan because they feel they are victims.

20% are economists. And 20% are dumbasses who fear anything they don't understand.

So that leaves 20% who could be persuaded one way or the other.

and I don't see that ever changing

#21     Sep 27, 2014
  2. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Valerie Tarico .. another flunkie @ Huff Post .. I guess DB is limited to reading that worthless publication and Salon as that seems to be the extent of his constant cut & pastes.

#22     Sep 27, 2014
  3. loyek590

loyek590

ah, give us a break. Religion is very subjective. Nothing can ever be proved one way or the other. It's just something to argue about when the market is closed. Many of us who are posting in 2014 have strong religious upbringing. Maybe in 2024 people will no longer post about religion because it was no part of their childhood.

#23     Sep 27, 2014
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

AlterNet / By Valerie Tarico

#24     Sep 27, 2014
  5. jem

jem

#25     Sep 27, 2014
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Feeling persecuted, jem?

#26     Sep 27, 2014
  7. jem

jem

i would have said calling a spade a spade but a nut like you would probably find that racist.
    so I will say just telling it like it is.

#27     Sep 27, 2014
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Or like you think it is . . .

#28     Sep 27, 2014
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Hundreds of Ultra-Orthodox Jewish men refused to sit next to women on an El Al jet from New York to Israel — and spent the 11-hour flight trying to bribe people to switch seats and loudly praying in the aisles when they refused.

“It was an 11-hour long nightmare,” one of the passengers told Israel’s ynet news Web site after the Wednesday morning flight landed.

The flight – on the eve of Rosh Hashanah – was not only delayed, but degenerated into chaos once in the air, passengers said.

“Although everyone had tickets with seat numbers that they purchased in advance, they asked us to trade seats with them, and even offered to pay money, since they cannot sit next to a woman. It was obvious that the plane won’t take off as long as they keep standing in the aisles,” said passenger Amit Ben-Natan, a passenger.

The flight crew told passengers they did not have to agree to a switch but the captain warned over the intercom that the flight would not take off with people standing in the aisles.

So the Haredi men took their seats – but then sprang to their feet once the flight was aloft.

“I ended up sitting next to a Haredi man who jumped out of his seat the moment we had finished taking off and proceeded to stand in the isle,” said Galit, another passenger.

The man was followed by dozens of others, who then proceeded to clog the aisles and begin loudly praying.

“I went to the bathroom and it was a mission impossible, the noise was endless,” Galit said.

El Al – which has a history of hiring women pilots – promised to investigate.

“The company will examine the complaints and if some passengers are found to have acted out of line the company will examine its future steps,” the airline said in a statement.

But steamed passengers were not mollified.

“This is completely inconsiderate of the non-Haredi travelers. I don’t know many airlines that would allow their passengers to act like that,” fumed Ben-Natan.

Haredim believers severely restrict the co-mingling of the sexes.

In the village of Kiryas Joel in upstate Orange County,for example, the entrance sign orders visitors to “maintain gender separation in all public areas,” and there are separate bus stops and even children’s playgrounds for males and females.

Bob Fredericks

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    #29     Sep 28, 2014
  10. fhl

fhl

Since it's Sunday and the 28th:

Proverbs 28:28
    When the wicked rise to power, people go into hiding;
    but when the wicked perish, the righteous thrive.

#30     Sep 28, 2014