Serious question about the Ukrainian war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vanzandt, Apr 26, 2024.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

I realize that any semblance of critical thought that goes against the grain down here doesn't go over too well, but this question needs to be asked.

Can the Ukraine beat Putin? Tbh... I don't think they can. And I completely understand that he needs to be stopped dead in his tracks... but there is absolutely nothing I can see that will make him throw in the towel and say "I surrender." It's not gonna happen.

So what does happen? A 20 year stalemate the burns up 100's and 100's of billions of dollars? And lives. The only thing that could possibly put an end to this, is Putin dying. Now if any of you can enlighten me with another possible outcome, I am all ears. I am NOT trying to stir the pot down here... a million miles from that... but I just don't don't see the Ukrainian forces overwhelming Putin so much that he says "uncle". There is no way that will happen. So what does happen(?), because the flip side of that coin is the West won't let Russia win. Unless some kind of treaty is brokered, this thing goes on forever. If I'm wrong, tell me why.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    EdgeHunter and smallfil like this.
  2. I don't think you're wrong. That sounds pretty accurate.

I've seen so many gruesome videos from battles and suicide drones that it's completely turned me off to the war. It's hard to believe that this is what our technology is being used for. All this technology used to mutilate people and destroy buildings that took people a long time to build.

EdgeHunter and vanzandt like this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

2000 years of technical advancements in every discipline imaginable; and an exponential acceleration of those in the last 30.... and yet we still somehow think state sponsored murder on an unimaginable scale is a-ok. The only ones that will win this war are the merchants of its wares.

EdgeHunter likes this.
  4. The only end is what happened in Afghanistan.....decades of war and occupation led to exhaustion and withdrawal...

5. BKR88

BKR88

This 4 min. video doesn't answer your question but it explains how we got to this point.
    Neocons in the U.S. are totally responsible for this mess.
    IMO, the purpose of this war is to weaken Russia so they can remove Putin before the "New World Order" can be fully implemented as they know Putin win NEVER agree to their garbage.
    Putin has no intention of continuing to march further into Europe IMO.
    He's struggling to get control of Ukraine.
    You really think he wants to march into Europe? NO.
    His country citizens don't want war either.
    https://x.com/RandPaul/status/1780779017777344935

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    EdgeHunter and vanzandt like this.
  6. notagain

notagain

600,000 dead Ukraine soldiers for what?
    Globalist are anti humanists, oligarchs are without normal human emotions.
    Putin is slow walking this war, why is he giving globalist time to prove their inhumanity.
    That money going to Ukraine was taken from the little people, who are ignored by the political class.

EdgeHunter likes this.
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Putin is a globalist too but a psychopath...a murderous despot even before the Ukraine war.

wrbtrader

Atlantic likes this.
  8. No, Ukraine cannot defeat Russia on its own. This ends with the United States pushing a " peace with honor" proposition that has Russia gaining some territory and Ukraine salvaging what's left of their country while receiving billions in aid to rebuild, or, NATO escalates to a WWIII senerio, limited nukes wipe out a good portion of Eastern Europe before we broker a peace agreement and then spend trillions rebuilding Europe. The potential fly in the ointment is everyone wakes up and realizes that we're sitting back watching all this unfold while going unscathed. Might piss someone off enough to bring a war to our shores just for the fuck of it. All depends if the boyz at the Pentagon think it's winnable. If they do, we're all fucked.

vanzandt likes this.
  9. ipatent

ipatent

Let Russia have Ukraine in its sphere of influence. As things stand we are fighting to the last Ukrainian.

10. Ricter

Ricter

Putin and Russia will need to bring the world to the brink of WW3: Gone Nucular if they want to keep NATO missiles out of Ukraine. Similar to the way the US reacted to their missiles in Cuba.

#10     Apr 27, 2024