Series 56 - LOL Thread

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ksmetana, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Yep, from Calif to Nevada saved us a fortune in State taxes, and only 3 hour away.... I do love CA however....

Don

#241     Nov 21, 2013
  2. nothing wrong with renting a nice place in Ca when you want to spend time here. No hassles, liquid, use it only when you want it. Insurance, taxes, upkeep everything all handled.

#242     Nov 21, 2013
  3. We actually kept "great grandma's" house in Long Beach.... they bought it in, like 1950 for $12K or so, was appraised at over $600K at one point (2 bd, 1 ba, really? $600K?).....

But, yeah, I totally understand... the drive is not a big deal, and so many places to stay...friends etc.....

Don

#243     Nov 23, 2013
  4. pcpctwo

pcpctwo

Hey just wondering what were your scores on the practice finals for pass perfect?

#244     Nov 28, 2013
  5. mulp

mulp

@X1ta1x

Hi:

I am in the process of preparing for the exam and wanted to know:
    a) Passperfect old material or newer material (old one has 4 exams and newer one has 5 exams in addition to some content update) is required: I have old one, do I need to buy the new one for the exam.

b) Also is the CBOE material free or needs to be purchased, could you please specify the book's name.

THanks
    Mulp

#245     Dec 21, 2013
  6. Uh Don....some people are born lucky. That's nice to hear. I was wondering why you guys seem to never stress about anything. I'm sure having a trading firm is just chump change right :).

#246     Dec 22, 2013
  7. Uh Don....some people are born lucky. That's nice to hear. I was wondering why you guys seem to never stress about anything. I'm sure having a trading firm is just chump change right :).

#247     Dec 22, 2013
  8. pcpctwo

pcpctwo

I never used the old one I used the 2013 one it is suppose be better, I failed 2times until I used the passperfect material, I got an 88 on my last try.
    If I was you I wouldn't take any chances, buy the new one

#248     Dec 22, 2013

9. a) not sure about the Passperfect materials, as I didn't use their manual however there are many who have posted here that passed with their material.

b) the CBOE material is not free. It's available via the CBOE site, here's the link...

http://www.cboe.com/LearnCenter/Series56.aspx

By the way, I used the CBOE material to pass, and I'm sure by now it's been updated several times.

Best of luck.

#249     Dec 25, 2013
  10. ch0c

ch0c

I agree, 400 pages in a month is nothing. I am sick to my stomach even thinking that a firm would lend you (The OP) any sort of capital whatsoever. I sometimes read 400 pages a day FOR PLEASURE let alone to study for an enjoyable career. No wonder this industry is full of scam artists, ducks, fish, squids, marks, and all other types of illegitimate thieves and victims of the high-functioning retard type. Wow... and really, do the prop firms hire people off these forums? The applicants and potential employees looking for information are as unprofessional as they come. At least feign the facade of legitimacy and use your big words and proper letter-writing skills. Not one line internet tweet text l33t speak.

Just flabbergasted. If this is a peek inside the world of equity trading then watch out because I'm going to be your boss within 5 years.

#250     Apr 22, 2014