Samsung Galaxy users with Wives and Girlfriends, take note

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LEAPup, Dec 18, 2014.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've never had anything like that happen, but can see where that could happen. I love technology, but am not fond of the idea of a computer "figuring me out," plus the privacy issues...

#21     Dec 21, 2014
  2. I'm old school obviously, but I don't want my computer trying to outthink me. Or doing stuff for me I haven't asked it to do.

ps. I'm not that keen on the "simiar threads" list at the bottom of every thread now. Most of them are way old, and all it ends up doing is taking up screen space.

#22     Dec 21, 2014
  3. Max E.

Max E.

That is how cloud computing works, when i first started my S5, it brought up all this crap that i had on a really old computer, which i dont even use anymore. It also turned my contact list into a total cluster fuck because it brought every single person ive ever added as a contact on email into my phone contact list, and i couldnt find an easy way to get rid of it, so i just deleted most of my email list.

I guess the way to avoid it is to not give your phone your current email address, if you do that it loads everything you had on your old comps including passwords, history, email addresses, bookmarks, favourites, etc.....

There are good things about cloud computing but there is also huge downside, one thing being it is almost impossible to get rid of anything that gets into the cloud, especially if you constantly work from multiple different computers.

#23     Dec 21, 2014
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Be happy, you haven't got a Mac tried setting up Apple TV which is all works via cloud and everything is automatically cloud damn based.

#24     Dec 21, 2014
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Leap should have clarified that his girlfriend is Russian. That changes a lot of things right there.

My wife (Russian) and I have been married over a decade, but I made the mistake of mentioning how much money was spent at my bachelor party in Vegas (again, over a decade ago) and she went nuts - instantly assuming that there had to be something going on if that kind of money was spent (never mind that I did nothing wrong at my bachelor party and it's just how much shit costs in Vegas). She wouldn't talk to me for days.

Insane!

#25     Dec 22, 2014
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Women need drama. If they can't get enough from their family and girlfriends, they will do stuff to get it from you.

#26     Dec 22, 2014
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I can understand completely! Anytime we're out, and I buy something, she's EXTREMELY SERIOUS about the amount, why, etc., if it's jus $1 more than what she thinks it should be, I'm in trouble if I buy anyway. Lol! This is nothing. What got me was the extremely old bodybuilding pics I had in a box in the garage. An ex gf was in a pic, and just help!:eek: Anyone who knows me, knows I don't cheat as I see it as vile, and a lack of integrity. I just wish she'd not flip out over a pic I forgot about from years ago. I'm sure that's what "did it," as the phone incident happened two days after that old pic was found.:eek:

#27     Dec 22, 2014
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Thanks for the post bro! I love technology, gadgets, etc., but will note, the cloud rained on my parade at the wrong time, and I "splained" for a week.:(

#28     Dec 22, 2014
  9. Another Russian wife? Are Russian wives the only women willing to tolerate guys who like to trade? My wife is Russian too.

#29     Dec 22, 2014
  10. nothing, ever, gets deleted on the back end.

and that 2008 investment newsletter. does she think your a genius or an idiot?

#30     Dec 22, 2014