RM's occasional market calls...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Maybe for a few days, but certainly not long term. Keep in mind that I suspect the recent run-up for $16 up to $30 might have been artificially fabricated in the first place, for the express purpose of floating new shares at $27.

#891     Apr 13, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  2. maler

maler

Makes sense. Thank you for your thoughts.

#892     Apr 13, 2015
  3. Useless predictions file: If I could short VLTC right now at $13.21, I'd be all over that. If you have some special hookup to borrow this one, I think you're cool.

#893     Apr 21, 2015
  4. Symbol vltc is not currently in the Easy-to-Borrow list. :-(

#894     Apr 21, 2015
  5. Daal

Daal

with a stop at? the way this thing is trading it is either going to $20+ or back to $8-9

#895     Apr 21, 2015
  6. I´d say 8-9 before IMO.

#896     Apr 21, 2015
  7. So I regret posting the VLTC thing because it was never actionable in the first place. I wasn't going to follow it with more posts up to near $22 where it finally peaked ('short more here at $20, etc.') No shares available for borrow and no options, so why bother? It's at $11.47 now, consider this the exit, and I don't plan on posting any more useless trades of this variety.

#897     Apr 24, 2015
  8. DYAX is now trading at $23.89, and it's time to exit 1/3 of the position at $1.20 or better.

#898     Apr 30, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  9. $1.15 or better (1/3 of the position) is looking a bit more realistic. Considering I said to get in 17 days ago at $0.45, you still can't complain...

#899     Apr 30, 2015
  10. I get off on making predictions and being correct a supernatural degree of the time. Most of them have been market calls, but once in a while I’ll say something like this:

As I’ve said since 2006, Hillary will never be president, and I’m still surprised so many people think she’s even capable of winning a U.S. presidential election. It’s just so obvious that she lacks the minimum charisma required, and charisma is most of the battle. She could easily not even make it past the Democratic nomination, just like 2008.

However I’m beginning to fear that we as a nation are actually stupid enough to put Donald Trump in the White House. If he’s the nominee running against Hillary, it would be ‘Fake vs. Real’ (personalities, not politics), and ‘real’ would win. If you thought Bush Jr. went around making bold aggressive moves that ended in Greek Tragedies, Trump would make him look like a responsible adult by comparison.

(Personally I’d prefer Rand Paul, but America definitely wouldn’t)

#900     Aug 26, 2015
    zbestoch likes this.