RM's occasional market calls...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Datradr

Datradr

Hey RM,

Any "Occaisonal" calls you see out there? This market is interesting and confusing with SPY up almost everyday and gold weakness.. Any thoughts on gold? I wanted to take a big long at $1000 but not sure if we will get that low now

#881     Nov 17, 2014
  2. On a Friday afternoon, LAKE is now $10.22 offer. That's close enough to my 'single digits by the end of the month' prediction to close out the trade, declare victory, and go home.

#882     Nov 21, 2014
  3. Hi.... I've been trying to save this thread for my very best predictions and nothing else. If I start trying to force a few marginable trades in here, that would only work to water down my record which is something like 25 wins/1 loss in this thread by now. It's been over a year now since I saw the last big opportunity on either side of the gold trade, and I don't expect gold to do anything especially interesting for a long time going forward. In fact, if the options had higher IV, I'd be looking at some sort of short-straddle (short volatility) trade. As it is, I'm leaving gold alone for now and looking for more predictable opportunities.

#883     Nov 21, 2014
  4. Datradr

Datradr

RM,

Fair enough i hear ya. Rep is all in trading lol.. keep up the good work...will be watching for your next call

#884     Nov 21, 2014
  5. Arnie

Arnie

RM,
    Thought you might be interested in this article. Hope all is well with you.

It is either the most exciting new treatment for depression in years or it is a hallucinogenic club drug that is wrongly being dispensed to desperate patients in a growing number of clinics around the country.

It is called ketamine — or Special K, in street parlance.

While it has been used as an anesthetic for decades, small studies at prestigious medical centers like Yale, Mount Sinai and the National Institute of Mental Health suggest it can relieve depression in many people who are not helped by widely used conventional antidepressants like Prozac or Lexapro.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/b...d-concerns-as-a-treatment-for-depression.html

#885     Dec 10, 2014
    Rearden Metal likes this.
  6. Long March ES right here, 2036.75 offer.

#886     Jan 9, 2015
  7. I'll exit the trade sometime next week, regardless of how this goes.
    And thanks for the article Arnie. I really used to be into needlessly over-sharing personal details with quixotic idealistic goals in mind. That's one trait I'm glad to have matured out of.

#887     Jan 9, 2015
  8. I'm taking the loss, because an open this ugly has the potential to get so much worse before it gets better. I'm out of my own position... currently trading at 2024.25

#888     Jan 12, 2015
  9. DYAX is massively over-valued at this point (current price:$29), so here's a new trade I'm confident enough to post here: DYAX May bear spread: Long DYAX May 25 puts @ $0.80, short DYAX May 22.5 puts @ 0.35. So risking $0.45 to potentially make $2.05. I reserve the right to do two things going forward:
    1) If this stock takes its time in coming back down to earth, I reserve the right to roll it forward (just once) about one month from now.
    2) If DYAX over-inflates to even higher levels, I reserve the right to average-up/size up.

#889     Apr 13, 2015
    redbaron1981 and FCXoptions like this.
  10. maler

maler

They just floated a bunch of stock at 27.
    Do you think the underwriters will have a stabilizing bid
    around that price?

#890     Apr 13, 2015