revive ET ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Humpy, Dec 9, 2014.

1. #11     Dec 12, 2014
  2. It's not overly obscure. They actually made a movie adapted from the book, which came out in 2005.

#12     Dec 12, 2014
  3. bob dobbs.JPG

Ok, thanks. I am not real familiar with sci fi. surf

#13     Dec 12, 2014
  4. Sergio77

Sergio77

Flamers made boards die. They achieved their objective. Maybe on purpose? Nobody is going to put up with one or two days of flaming. For what? Now the flamers are also gone looking for next target.

#14     Dec 14, 2014
  5. Humpy

Humpy

Many of the flamers are caveman types that try to win the argument by torrents of abuse or threats rather than intellectual argument. The one that resorts to these tactics is in my opinion usually the one with the weakest case.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    #15     Dec 14, 2014
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

When this board was a little livelier 2-3 years back, a couple of disturbing trends started up that made it less attractive to me :

1. A few crazy forecaster types spamming the board with delusional crap and basically con games.
    2. The level of open racism and bigotry increased on certain sections.

Neither was very positive to board health in my opinion, but many on here claimed this was not the case.
    In fact, objecting to either made you subject to deep criticism and being effectively run off this board.
    I'm pretty confidant that board interest took a hit due to these aspects, but the board owner sets the tone for what he wants on here. I may think one of the moderator's is clearly a racist, but he thinks the guy is a valued part of an investment site, and that the daily content is positive and a good reflection on this community. It's his board, so we are all free to participate or not.

#16     Dec 15, 2014
  7. #17     Dec 15, 2014
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

this forum is suffering today from what others mentioned about a few years ago. the mods and the owner just let a pack of idiots run legitimate traders in the ground and out of here. now i visit back today and its a ghost town with a makeover lol.

#18     Dec 16, 2014
    zbestoch and EricP like this.
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Mark! Welcome back. :) Hope you can stay for a while. Good trading to you.

#19     Dec 16, 2014
  10. I agree.
    Too much moderation...it's empty;; too little...it becomes not a pleasant place.
    http://www.Daytrader.com was a ghost town. i'd say less than 1% of the people/posts were normal/genuine people.

I just came from http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ -- there was also a recent thread there about forums dieing in traffic.

#20     Dec 17, 2014