Resumption of Daytrading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by nursebee, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Why are you keeping a public journal if you're not willing to consider constructive criticism without people posting their resume?

#31     Feb 13, 2016
  2. nursebee

nursebee

Lf, should all constructive criticism be listened to?
    If my plan is good for me and not others, should I listen to them?
    If others disagree with my methods, should I listen to them?
    How will I or do I know who to listen to?

I'm doing my thing, my way, my plan, my methods, my results, my evaluation. I'm not asking for help.

#32     Feb 13, 2016
    dartmus likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This is very critical information at a public forum and should have been stated clearly in your first message...I'm not attacking but just my opinion.

Anyways, I have a few questions.

1) What's the difference between having a trade journal here at ET versus your public blog ?

The info in your blog shows you only had two negative years in 2009 and 2011 but and other years with excellent performance in my opinion. Simply, you're a good trader and better than most at this forum that kicks out trading advice.

With that said, I have another question. You were up big in 2015 before losing most of your profits but still ended the year at a nice profit.

2) Do you think you had reached a point in 2015 when you were up big that you sort'uv became complacent towards the latter part of the year...resulting in you falling into a losing streak or big losses that took away most of your profits ?

Also, you seem to be well capitalized based upon your overall source of income, a few things you stated in your blog, something you said in your opening statement in this thread...

3) What did you meant in your opening statement in this thread that there was "too much risked"...was it about the type of stocks you're trading, too much heat you took on the trades before turning a profit...what's the comment about ?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    #33     Feb 13, 2016
    VPhantom and dartmus like this.
  4. nursebee

nursebee

"very critical" LOL.

I'm sorry if I caused you any problems by leaving such information out. I did not see that in the ET journals FAQ. Perhaps wrb and others should send the admins their journals forum rules.

#34     Feb 13, 2016
  5. nursebee

nursebee

I have little recollection pre 2008ish on daytrades. I was like a blade of grass blowing every which way with little discernment. The difference is experience, hopefully growth. Oh, and I do not search out for sub 10, it just so happens that a company I know well and have followed for years is sub 10 price.

If I had another stock that was volatile, sub 10, traded millions of shares a day, I would not trade it. I gotta know the story and it takes a long time to learn that. Years ago I would have loved anything that moved.

#35     Feb 13, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  6. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

And that s why you lost most of your profits.
    You were long biotech, even if some people (including myself) warned you about the coming of the bear market.
    You are not a trader. You are an investor, and your buy & hold approach just can't work in these volatil times. Flexibility is key.
    But I know you don't care o_O.
    Don't change. Continue to buy what I will short. Someone should be right ?

CM

#36     Feb 13, 2016
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Not critical at all and it caused zero problems for me. Just an observation in comparison to other journals at this forum versus blogs by members of this forum posted elsewhere online (that includes your own blog).

For example, I notice other journals that stated up front that its for them only, not taking advice and so on...that's exactly what happen...very little participation in the journal by the readers and the OPs are very happy with that.

In contrast, other journals that did not state such as fact until after many pages...it only confused the readers when they gave advice and the OP (thread starter) responded via questioning why advice is being given.

Regardless, some here are giving advice while others are asking questions but I'm smart enough to know that if I don't want to hear what others have to say (questions or advice)...I'll start a blog and set it up so that others can not post comments to my blog instead of allowing such for several pages.

P.S. No trading advice has been given by me...just questioning why you have a blog versus a very public journal...a journal in which you're questioning others giving you advice.

Only advice given was about the journal itself in which you should have been upfront from the beginning about questions and advice but you did warn about being kind'uv a ahole...fair enough. :sneaky:

P.S.S. I strongly agree with you that people should qualify themselves before dishing out trading advice...makes sense but not reality because observation at this forum shows that those that have done such...it made no difference and the trading advice was still ignored.

Good luck with your journal at this forum.

#37     Feb 13, 2016
  8. nursebee

nursebee

Chris, if you warned me I do not recall but I doubt I would have listened. Congrats on your ability to read the future and profit from it. It is an amazing marketable skill set.

#38     Feb 13, 2016
  9. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Lol reread your posts you will find it.
    This is not about reading the future, this is about cycles, probabilities, market action and psychology.
    I had no certainties or timing for biotech but I knew first weakness would be a red flag. That s all.

CM

#39     Feb 13, 2016
    dartmus likes this.
  10. J_Smith

J_Smith

I do not waste my time anymore with others who fail to accept the facts, as the facts are there to be clearly seen!

Who cares what you do, or have, definitely not me!

When you post something about what you want to do, then you don't do it, that, to me, explains exactly the way you think and operate, which is incoherent and not based on a tried and tested plan, for if it was, your results would not be based on luck, but on actions from a proven method, that works consistently.

I am a gardener :D

Oh yes, the other poster summed you up nicely, in that you are an investor, not a daytrader, for there is a big difference, which can be clearly seen by what you post.

Some people can never make a go of daytrading, and it is all down to how they think, and act.

J_S

#40     Feb 13, 2016
    dartmus likes this.