Reaction to Michael Lewis's book and "60 Minutes" interview

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Bob111

Bob111

if one goes after HFT with an idea to change the game -he should be going after SEC,the regulatory body,who made all this mess possible in first place. not after exchanges. exchange(numerous ECN's,dark pools etc) are a byproduct of SEC rules. as your commander in chief keeps repeating in past few days like a programmed drone on Bergdahl case-we saw an opportunity and we seized it. exchanges did same.

#111     Jun 9, 2014
  2. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    Thanks
    Futures mag has some good words/interviews[last month] , most [not all]of them good,+ against Mr Lewis book LOL

Mr Lewis may not mean to, but he really comes acrosss as an anti -capitalist;
    he is on the wrong side of the trend,again LOL:D

#112     Jun 11, 2014
  3. Could you please send another copy of your paper to Barclays and highlight the portions relating to "pernicious fraud" for them. Isn't your argument that markets are not rigged? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-25/how-barclays-got-caught-red-handed-pernicious-hft-fraud

I expect that the hunt for the "unrigged" level of price discovery could get a bit rough sometime in the future. FWIW, Pernicious can be found close to perjury in the dictionary.

I think you are one of the bravest people I know standing up against all those lawyers and government officials as a lone voice to say that markets are not rigged and the retail traders have never had it so good.

So now all that remains is a 10 dollar fine and a promise never to do it (that particular way) again.

#113     Jun 26, 2014
  4. This can be easily remedied by the SEC. All they have to do is start charging for excessive orders/cancels. That ends the gaming.
    However, they are just too lame to pull this off. They need to force the exchanges to make changes to their order entry/order matching systems to track the orders/cancels by account. If they can't do it in real-time, they can do it retrospectively at end of each trading month. The account is then hit with a debit for the number of excessive orders with cancels.

#114     Jun 26, 2014
  5. Bob111

Bob111

i agree,it's a piece of cake(done by IB long time ago). but there is no need for that. all you really have to do is go back in time and simplify things. limit,market, maybe couple more of other types and that was it. ALLOW participants COMPETE THRU THE PRICE(without subpenny BS) AT ONE EXCHANGE. it's really simple.
    this is one field ,where SIMPLE, TRANSPARENT,but STRICT regulations for ALL participants is actually needed and can be applied,but as we all can see-they(SEC) have no balls to even ban suppenny crap.
    actually, i wouldn't mind to have small gvt transaction fee and ONE exchange,that would exists, on those fees. all orders go there,no f** rebates,no order flow crap. broker profit from commissions,exchange-from fees. ONE exchange.all other shady ECN's in every US city, trading same stocks,dark pools,etc-banned.
    all data is free,open for public and avaliable for everyone at no charge. you want democracy? transparency? there. perfect place to try. no need to piss away trillions in iraq,you can try this at home. we needed it here.

#115     Jun 26, 2014
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

7. Bob111

Bob111

#117     Jul 18, 2014
  8. Next time there's something wrong with the world, write about it. Create awareness.

#118     Jul 18, 2014
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Either that or make them honor their bid/offer. No cancel allowed for X seconds.

#119     Jul 19, 2014
  10. That may not work since nobody in the financial system seems to know what that word "honor" means IMO.

#120     Jul 19, 2014